1. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought mine through Carwow last year. There's definitely large volumes going through the dealers that were advertising, lots of pre-reg and dealer specced models in the pipeline too so you're sent a list of models that are in the build pipeline and their specs. When I went to collect the experience was more supermarket than premium Audi dealership too with a large group of sales execs and a big waiting areas with customers waiting collection. They couldn't get me out quick enough so they could move on to the next customer.

At the end of the day I'm happy with the car that was still built in the same place and cost me several ,000 less than my local Audi dealer could get to, but it was far from a pleasurable experience. Be careful of the price savings quoted too. They're usually quoted on the basis that you take the finance thereby getting Audi UK additional discount but EXCLUDE the cost of finance charges. The best way to work the system is take the finance but pay it off really quickly. I think you have to keep finance for a min period 1 or 2 months before they let you pay it off but then you save all the interest but keep the Audi UK discount. If that makes sense?

1 0 0

2. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    To be honest I would prefer to be churned out quickly otherwise you spend hours them trying to sell you stuff like gap, supaguard etc. Give me the keys and see ya😄 want to spend some quality time in new motor and not talk to sales guys.
    I would normally take finance. It’s another layer of insurance as in a previous car years ago I had a warranty claim declined, it was a bmw extended warranty, then spoke with the finance company and they ended up paying for it. This was a thousand pounds plus of repairs as I only had the car for less than a year and to be fair the interest rates are relatively low compared to other forms of finance. PCP realistically is just another form of lease nowadays. As my old lecturer would say. If it’s an appreciating asset then buy it. If it’s a depreciating asset then lease it. 😄

0 1 0

3. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I used carwow. I got a few dealerships to battle for the best price and then took the best one to my local dealership and they matched it. This was for a fully spec'ed out factory order and I got the full handover treatment with the car covered in the handover room etc. Saved a lot of money and will do the same again, although I'm in no hurry to change because of the crazy new VED rates now.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

4. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    got my A6 through carwow, good price and no hassle

0 0 0

5. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took carwow and drivethedeal quotes into local dealer and they matched it
    2018 A6 saloon 2.0tdi black edition -Daytona grey pearlescent, Technology pack, parking pack advanced
    2010 A6 Saloon 2.0TDi 170 Le Mans - Ice Silver, 3G HDD Nav + AMI, Parking System Plus, Auto Opening Bootlid

0 0 0

6. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used carwow and got and saved nearly 14k on a brand new a6 black edition utilising the scrappage scheme with a 2003 chrysler grand voyager.

Vocal dealer couldnt match the offer so travelled from Sheffield to Newbury Audi to collect. Got the to throw in a set of rubber mats for the trouble. It covered my fuel for getting there and love the car.

I got it on finance over 48 month pcp but the way i see it I'm paying less for an audi black edition a6 than i would on a new golf gt tdi or even a focus st tdci which was over 3 years and 0% pcp.

Love my a6 too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

7. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I used Orange Wheels for the A6, and was very happy. I think at the time someone beat my discount by a few hundred pounds with Autoebid.

Just got a Qashqai for the other half, and Autoebid where the best price, beating Carwow and others by quite a bit. In the end though they intro'd it to another broker, who fulfilled the order. Car was delivered to the house in 6 weeks, so was very good, and cant complain.

I was slightly nervous about Autoebid at first as you don't deal with the dealer, and once order is placed they want their fee, which was £120 ish. I just made them wait until the car turned up. Orange wheels however was once you have accepted the price, you deal with the dealer direct.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

8. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Use car wow drive a deal orange wheels etc and if you don’t mind driving say 100 miles or so then email the dealers within the distance you could travel with the best price you got from above

dont just stop there once a dealer beats that price then go on to the next dealer etc
    the discount will be dependant how popular the car is and how long that model has been about

the biggest thing that made me laugh was one dealership had 4 different Audi dealerships yet they all came back with different prices
    and that price difference was 1-2k between each branch yet same company

its a lot of messing around but will pay off and you can do it all by writing an email then copy and paste to the others no leg work involved

if your willing to put the time in it will pay off

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

9. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Cheers guys. It’s given me a few things to think about and try. I would ideally try and get a local ish dealer to match the price on carwow and the likes. Most of the carwow deals are close to 400 miles away. I don’t mind travelling that if I can save a couple of grand as to travel 400 miles each way it’s a days work. I don’t make a couple of grand a day 😄 wish I did though.
    Have tried playing the dealers against each other before and have noticed even within the same group the prices can be massively different. Suppose each branch has their own targets to meet.
    I don’t mind working for a good deal as money is better in my pocket than the dealers.

0 0 0

10. Re: Carwow and alternatives 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Non of the dealers I approached could get anywhere near the broker quotes. I was over 24% discount on the Audi and not far off the same on the Nissan. Dealing with Brokers also saves time, and cuts out all the BS you get when trying to buy a car.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast