Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Just taken delivery of new Q7 today and am suffering from information overload at the moment !!
    What I'm trying to do is to play downloaded offline music from Spotify on my Samsung S4 controlling it thru the MMI,
    At the moment I can play via bluetooth, but got to select albums etc on my phone.
    I have registered on the"my audi" website and have a pin number, do i need to set up audi connect for this to work?
    I have the Technology pack.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Pete

0 0 0

2. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hello, Welcome and Congrats!!

From memory through MMI unless you have Audi Smartphone Interface you'd need to Bluetooth stream it selecting your phone from the Media option.

Now this is what I can't remember as its been ages since I've tried...you need to open Spotify on your phone and select what you want - hit play and it should stream through.

If you're using Smartphone Interface then (can only speak for Apple CarPlay) you get the app option on MMI screen which lets you click through and select playlists etc

This is all from memory and I can't confirm as don't have the car - hopefully one of the other helpful folk will jump in

1 0 0

3. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Nemo is right. To get Spotify in the MMI "screen" in the car you need the Audi SmartPhone Interface otherwise your only option is to stream via Bluetooth and yes you have to choose stuff on your phone to play

Its why I went to Napster which is built into the MMI. Its just as good in my (very personal opinion) and I can control everything through the MMI

Granted - Doesn't answer why Spotify integration (without Audi Smartphone Interface) isn't in the MMI but thats a different convo.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 0 0

4. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Many thanks for your replies, I was under the impression "smart phone interface" was part of the technology package
    which I have ?
    Would I need to set up Audi connect before it would work ?
    I registered on the "my Audi" website and was given an 8 digit pin to enter into the MMI,
    but also have the key fob with a coating on to rub off to reveal a different 10 digit vehicle code,
    getting a bit confused, doesn't take much !!
    Will have to look intoN apster if this is a no go, thanks again for all your help.

0 0 0

5. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    only the newer cars have the Audi SmartPhone Interface (Android Auto and Apple Car Play). You'll know if you put the respective app on your phone and plug it into the USB port in the centre armrest. If you see the Android/Apple menu item appear in the MMI then you have it.

It does NOT come with tech pack.

The numbers on your key fob can be scratched off (we have all done it) but it cant be used in the UK market (yet), so its actually pointless.

You can register in MyAudi though for sending map destinations to your car, twitter, POI updates, News/RSS feeds etc... Thats what the 8 Digit Pin from the website is for. The one you scratched off on your keys isnt used in the UK sadly.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 1 0

6. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopeyDodds View Post
    Many thanks for your replies, I was under the impression "smart phone interface" was part of the technology package
    which I have ?
    Would I need to set up Audi connect before it would work ?
    I registered on the "my Audi" website and was given an 8 digit pin to enter into the MMI,
    but also have the key fob with a coating on to rub off to reveal a different 10 digit vehicle code,
    getting a bit confused, doesn't take much !!
    Will have to look intoN apster if this is a no go, thanks again for all your help.
    Unfortunately it sat outside the tech pack. Tech Pack was:
    - Virtual Cockpit
    - Audi Connect
    - Head Up Display
    - Phone Box
    - High-beam assist

The smartphone interface was a £350 option until MY17.

1 0 0

7. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    The easiest way to know whether or not you have Smartphone Interface is looking at the menu options in the car...somewhere between Navigation and Audi Connect I think it is you'll see Audi Smartphone Interface...if it's not there then unfortunately you won't have it

1 0 0

8. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok I think the car is "MY16" so musn't have it.
    The salesman yesterday was surprised it wasn't working thru the mmi, and says i must need a lead, which he didn't have
    so has ordered one, but i don't somehow think thats going to sort it!!
    Thanks again for all your help

0 0 0

9. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I think your right, its nothing to do with lead, just a normal USB cable for your phone would work.

More like it isnt there sadly.

We are working on finding out if it can be retrofitted as its only software, but it looks like its locked to VIN's of cars...

0 0 0

10. Re: Spotify through MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    only the newer cars have the Audi SmartPhone Interface (Android Auto and Apple Car Play). You'll know if you put the respective app on your phone and plug it into the USB port in the centre armrest. If you see the Android/Apple menu item appear in the MMI then you have it.

It does NOT come with tech pack.

The numbers on your key fob can be scratched off (we have all done it) but it cant be used in the UK market (yet), so its actually pointless.

You can register in MyAudi though for sending map destinations to your car, twitter, POI updates, News/RSS feeds etc... Thats what the 8 Digit Pin from the website is for. The one you scratched off on your keys isnt used in the UK sadly.
    I must disagree with you Andy on this one.
    I took a replacement Q7 last Saturday and I got the remote unlocking business to work!
    It was stupidly complicated and it took me a few attempts to get this going.
    The scratch business in the plastic key fob is to verify whether you are the right person. And you only do it once you have been verified by my/your audi.com business.
    Here is a screenshot from my AudiMMI app:
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-14-47-37.jpg

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast