Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks,
    I've just leased a 2016 A6 2.0 TDI Ultra and before its arrival read about its excellent fuel economy. I'm 135 miles in with 365 miles on the range...with hardly going over 3k rpm. My 8 yr old Passat would give at least 600 miles to a 60 litre tank without motorway journeys.

Does anyone else has an Ultra who can restore some confidence in the cars capabilities?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Ours is (touch wood) very good and on motorway runs I find phenomenal for the car...car does a fair few motorway journeys and wife (not really a Miss Daisy driver) has regularly seen between 55-61mpg.

On a mix of city and motorway driving tank usually shows between 650-700 range.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Towlo I have the 2.0 TDI ultra done about 700 miles in it. I think it will say that till you build up the long term memory MPG. I'm averaging on each trip about 50-54 mpg in this cold weather with heated seats etc and in dynamic. And when I first filled it to the brim it said 530 miles range. Since then Iv done 500 miles and the range still says I have 300+ left with half a tank

Hope that helps

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towlo View Post
    Hi folks,
    I've just leased a 2016 A6 2.0 TDI Ultra and before its arrival read about its excellent fuel economy. I'm 135 miles in with 365 miles on the range...with hardly going over 3k rpm. My 8 yr old Passat would give at least 600 miles to a 60 litre tank without motorway journeys.

Does anyone else has an Ultra who can restore some confidence in the cars capabilities?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Fuel consumption is one of if not the most raised topic on here (and pretty much any other, Audi or non-Audi, forum as well). Your car is brand new and very tight (unlike your 8 year old Passat) so it will not be anywhere near its best. The current cold weather will also be affecting the consumption figures. Finally the range figure is calculated by a combination of the long term usage of the car and the current usage. While your car has been on its route from the factory to you it will have spent a lot of time doing very short journeys (on to transporters, off transporters, on to the boat) from cold and also sitting idling. All of which will have a serious impact on the "historic" consumption. My car does a mix of driving into London every day plus some motorway and now with 16k miles it typically shows somewhere in the low 700s after I fill it up. You will find over the next few weeks the figures for your car will improve and that will continue well past 10k miles by which time the car is just about run in. Enjoy the car

0 1 0

5. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've done 24k in my 2015 Ultra now, it's permanently in Dynamic mode but I wouldn't say I drive 'enthusiastically' - averaging 48mpg with a mix of town driving and motorway runs.

Extremely happy with that
    A6 2.0 TDi Black Edition Ultra S Tronic ​Riviera Blue

S3 Sportback S Tronic Solar Orange

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm now 5k into my Ultra Quattro and not seen any improvement in mpg. Still getting mid 30s on a motorway run.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Second fill up and 800 miles into the new car and the range came up with 720 miles so already starting to see good returns, and at this time of year. loving the car.
    Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI Ultra Sline Saloon. Privacy Glass Lighting Pack.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    IMG_0958.jpgI've had by 2014 Ultra Avant for 2 months now. It has never done under 800 miles on a tank of fuel and I have seen 66mpg even in the cold weather......

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactech View Post
    IMG_0958.jpgI've had by 2014 Ultra Avant for 2 months now. It has never done under 800 miles on a tank of fuel and I have seen 66mpg even in the cold weather......
    Is this Quattro or 2wd?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 Ultra fuel economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The Ultra is 2WD.
    In my experience is that 4WD it is 4 to 5mpg worse than 2WD with any given engine choice in the real world.(and I've had most!)
    That's the price you pay for increased grip and the feeling of security.
    Lugging around about 70kgs of extra weight and driving a whole host of extra gears, shafts and bearings. Choices, choices...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast