Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The graphic lines need VCDS and will only work if your parking module is factory and supports the lines.

No issues doing the update, have a search on here its been done many times before

Your instrument cluster menu may or may not disappear but yes you need VCDS to enable it again.

As for VCDS users, check the map in my signature and find someone and I will contact them on your behald as you don't have enough posts to PM.

Welcome to VWAF
    Any idea of the part number etc of correct parking modules for this and how to add it using VCDS

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
    When you mention the missing stuff, are you talking about the instument cluster on the large screen or are you talking about the information that displays in the small window between the speedo and rev counter?

I want to update mine, but am not sure what I wont have working.
    The set of discs are 7 quid from a main dealer part number is 4LO 998 961 if you have Bluetooth originally fitted to the car you will need to run disc 2 twice not once you can run the car to provide power, the loss of instrument cluster referred to is a selection within the mmi as is the battery meter you needing disc one is also depending on what version of software you are currently running and yes you have to hold setup and then while pressing return but it's actually setup first and then return but hold both in for a few seconds

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Spottedhaggis,

I cant pm you as i dont have enough posts but I am needing the Part 2 CD to update my bluetooth as the discs that i downloaded the 2nd one wouldnt work but other two were fine and updated no problems.

Thanks

Detritus22

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by detritus22 View Post
    Hi Spottedhaggis,

I cant pm you as i dont have enough posts but I am needing the Part 2 CD to update my bluetooth as the discs that i downloaded the 2nd one wouldnt work but other two were fine and updated no problems.

Thanks

Detritus22
    Just buy the set seriously it's 7 quid and what part number are the discs you have used anyway....

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Hi Spottedhaggis,

Thanks

Detritus22
    You can get them from the dealer if your most local dealer won't sell you them contact the next nearest and so on... If they ain't local they will charge you to post them they will do it just ask..... I got quoted an extra 3 quid to post them makes it a tenner.... Hardly breaks the bank

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Nard666,

As far as im aware the discs that ive downloaded are the Europe 4L0 998 961 set. Ive downloaded two different sets with the same result that it gets stuck on Intitialising the device when trying to update the bluetooth, only reason im trying to do it is so that it will recognise my Iphone 6, it has no problems with the wife's 5s

I've emailed my local dealer and will wait and see what they come back with. If it's only £7 as you say I think i can manage to stretch the bank that far

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Hey Nard666,

As far as im aware the discs that ive downloaded are the Europe 4L0 998 961 set. Ive downloaded two different sets with the same result that it gets stuck on Intitialising the device when trying to update the bluetooth, only reason im trying to do it is so that it will recognise my Iphone 6, it has no problems with the wife's 5s

I've emailed my local dealer and will wait and see what they come back with. If it's only £7 as you say I think i can manage to stretch the bank that far
    Hi mate yes that is the correct part number for the a6, stuck on initialization? So it trys to run but doesn't? To be fair using downloaded discs thats a mild problem to what can happen to your mmi, personally I'd avoid that all together especially for the sake of 7 quid (yes that's all they are) although not all dealers will sell them to you as it's supposed to be something done by their workshop but argue the toss and they may change their mind (I've had that before) or try the next audi dealer, please be aware that disc needs to be run twice as the first time erases the software 2nd adds and updates as for iPhones I'm sorry I can't help there (I have a disliking of both them and apple) whereabouts are you based? If you are near I can lend you mine or I may be able to help with a dealer that will sell you them

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    AS i said contacted local dealer will wait to see what they say and then if they arent willing to play ball or have no idea what im talking about I will try the next closest and so on. If still no luck i'll be in touch and you can give me the details of your dealer that will sell them and just get them posted to me.

I live just outside Hamilton Scotland so a bit far from you if you're in England.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nard666,

Hi are you able to get me in contact with a dealer that would sell me the update CD's as have spoken to 3 local Audi dealer's and been told that they are not able to sell the CD's but can book my car in for an update at the cost of £140

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Detritus22

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 MMI Update to 5570 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Multi Media Interface - Wikipedia

Just take the part no (in the link above) the parts department and give them only the number and ask them to order it.

Do not tell them what it is for just that its a CD.

The dealer is pushing you for work.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast