2. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks/Highhway mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone know how to disable by default the auto dimming mirror functionality via VCDS? Is it possible? Or at least remember previous setting?

Every time I sit in my car currently I have to manually turn it off via rear view mirror button.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks/Highhway mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi

never done anything with vcds/obd thingymagicy before.. i gather to enable needle sweep, dipped rear view mirrors on reverse etc i'll need to buy ross tech vcds lite software plus the expensive cable and a laptop (why did i ever think a tablet can replace a laptop or who uses cd nowadays so bought a mac instead of bog standard pc!!)
    anyways, would you recommend for a newbie to purchase these things and a have a go at needle sweep/rear view dipping on reverse and other functions or is it one for an enthusiast with naturalistic programming tendencies

regards

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I would give obdeleven a shot. £40 for the module and any android tablet or phone.
    Has same functionality as vcds but a lot cheaper. There’s also one button apps you can buy for it that makes it simple to code things if like me you are too scared to muck about in certain modules.

1 0 0

5. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    I would give obdeleven a shot. £40 for the module and any android tablet or phone.
    Has same functionality as vcds but a lot cheaper. There’s also one button apps you can buy for it that makes it simple to code things if like me you are too scared to muck about in certain modules.
    And you can collect 6 free points a day with Obdeleven for the apps. Most app changes use 10 points, so it's easy to do it without paying any more after a few days. You can even download obdeleven and start collecting points before buying the device.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

1 0 0

6. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks/Highhway mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    Hi

never done anything with vcds/obd thingymagicy before.. i gather to enable needle sweep, dipped rear view mirrors on reverse etc i'll need to buy ross tech vcds lite software plus the expensive cable and a laptop (why did i ever think a tablet can replace a laptop or who uses cd nowadays so bought a mac instead of bog standard pc!!)
    anyways, would you recommend for a newbie to purchase these things and a have a go at needle sweep/rear view dipping on reverse and other functions or is it one for an enthusiast with naturalistic programming tendencies

regards
    If that's all you need doing why not look at VCDS user map and see if someone close to you will do for few beer tokens
    Last edited by Devilz; 21-12-2017 at 03:07 AM.
    2017 SQ5 Prestige | Navarra Blue Metallic

1 0 0

7. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply... sounds good.. 40 quid on obdeleven to give it a shot or 140 ish on vcds lite+cable... obdeleven sounds reasonable, thanks... wondering if anyone has actually used obdseleven to do some of the tricks mentioned here..
    @diecastsink, @Bosnian.. what sort of things were you able to do with it, if any?

oh, i'm googling it now as well but would like to hear some personal xp stories too
    Last edited by champakpopat; 08-12-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: new details

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks/Highhway mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i'll try that thanks although wouldnt mind mucking around with it myself if i knew the initial outlay was worth it and i wont have to dedicate hours on end to learn it...

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    thanks for the reply... sounds good.. 40 quid on obdeleven to give it a shot or 140 ish on vcds lite+cable... obdeleven sounds reasonable, thanks... wondering if anyone has actually used obdseleven to do some of the tricks mentioned here..
    @diecastsink, @Bosnian.. what sort of things were you able to do with it, if any?

oh, i'm googling it now as well but would like to hear some personal xp stories too
    Off the top of my head on my A7 I've done the lap timer enable, needle sweep, start/stop defaulted to off, start/stop indication reversed, boot close from remote. All with Apps, took about a minute to do all those with OBDeleven. An A6 would be different, but for my 2016 A7, I also have a VIM app, Mirror link in motion, Engineering menu, mirror dip and others. Obdeleven can also do the long coding stuff here's a list: [V5] ProBoards - Free Forums & Free Message Boards Would be worth a look on the forums too. Obdeleven can do all the fault scans and resets as well,

I bought my OBDeleven used for £15 and I managed to blag the pro version from someone on the obdeleven forums. Personally, I would never have paid the asking for VCDS - what is it now, £300 for a single licence?

:EDIT: Why don't you download obdeleven (android only) and enter your VIN, and you'll see what apps will work with your car. If you do decide to purchase you can start adding credits before you even obtain the dongle. I had about 200 credits before I even got mine second hand.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Only using original VCDS. Spending +200 more when buying 60k car is the least expensive cost over years...

0 0 0

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast