1. Question Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I love this car so much but have one issue with it that I and my dealer have yet to solve; that the front air suspension after a few days drops down as pictured below. It doesn't affect the back and while they have replaced the 'valve unit' under warranty, it doesn't appear to have improved the sagging.

It doesn't affect the car to drive and once you unlock and open the driver door, the car after a few seconds returns to the correct height.

The warranty runs out in March 2021 so if this is a fault that can be fixed i'd aim to do it but the dealer tells me it's a common fault with the S6 and S8 cars due to the weight at the front and something that I need to tolerate!

Any advice appreciated. Thank you

before_iamd8c[1].jpg

Normal:

after_r9raou[1].jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    A lot of people on this forum and others always refer to https://www.bagpipingandy.com/ as the go to person for any air suspension issues. Note I have no afiliation or experience of him (don't even have a car with air suspension!), but might be worth a call

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    If it's sagging, it has an air leak somewhere. It should be repaired under warranty, and you shouldn't have to tolerate it.
    The dealer said 'it's a common fault' The clue is in the word fault, and it should be repaired. I suspect they are hoping it will drag on until the warranty runs out?

0 2 0

4. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluezie View Post
    If it's sagging, it has an air leak somewhere. It should be repaired under warranty, and you shouldn't have to tolerate it.
    The dealer said 'it's a common fault' The clue is in the word fault, and it should be repaired. I suspect they are hoping it will drag on until the warranty runs out?
    Thanks. Got it back yesterday and the receipt for the service said "Check front suspension goes down after parking for 2-3 days - found normal"

I'm guessing the cure is not to leave the car undriven for more than 2 days!

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma1992 View Post
    Thanks. Got it back yesterday and the receipt for the service said "Check front suspension goes down after parking for 2-3 days - found normal"

I'm guessing the cure is not to leave the car undriven for more than 2 days!
    Might still be worth speaking to someone else to get their opinion. Alos keep all records of this visit safe in case you need to go back to the dealer after the warranty has expired with the same fault (only worse!). You can then prove you raised it during the warranty period but they were unable/unwilling to fix it.

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This happened to my 15yr old 70Kmile A8. You need to find the leak. Put it in jack mode and leave it overnight. You will then spot which airbag is leaking. The leak is unlikely to be from other parts of the system unless the slightly exposed highly pressurised accumulator has been punctured. Restore pressure and paint soapy water over the strut and at the top of the turret. Foam appeared here on mine so I was able to diagnose a failed top O ring, which I suspect is the weakest point of the system. If the bag itself was damaged, the leak would be rapid. Injecting industrial quality sealant into the top of the strut where the bubbles appeared has partially cured it for me as it now takes 48hrs to sink rather than just overnight. Tip - always leave the car in jack mode. This saves the compressor and its relay from working overtime. On the A8, and presumably on other models, if you don't put it in jack mode the car wakes up occasionally (see audi SSP 292) and vainly tries to level itself using air from the accumulator. If under warranty, get it repaired! It sounds as though the garage is trying to fob you off. A slow puncture is not acceptable in your case. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JohnF; 25-06-2020 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarify

0 2 0

7. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    If under warranty, get it repaired! It sounds as though the garage is trying to fob you off. A slow puncture is not acceptable in your case. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I can see it's going to be a battle over the next 9 months of warranty!

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Go to a different Garage. this one clearly doesn’t know the S6.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I think you are right - I’m going to need to get this to an independent though for a second opinion as the dealer here has sole rights to the territory. With the second opinion, I’ll be able to go back to the dealer and get them to hopefully deal with it. I do want to keep the car for a few more years and this feels like a problem that could be expensive out of warranty

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi S6 2016 Front Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Good move.

if they are the only Audi dealer in the ‘village’ then they don’t and can’t be ***** to try. Captive market. Very annoying.

And sagging does not sound right. My A8 was left for a while since lockdown and previous A8s left for weeks whilst on holiday, and they never sagged.

does the rear have air suspension? If you stand outside the car and get someone to switch thenignition half way, do all 4 corners lift? Thhen after starting, do they all lift then? Or just the front?
    does the S have different suspension settings anyway and do those adjustments work ok?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast