Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A bit of a long one.

I drove it home from work one day and it ran ran as good as normal. However the next morning it took ages to start, then as you drive away it stalls. It has stayed that way since. It will idle for ages but the furthest it's been is around the block and stalling was often under power.

The car was scanned by my local garage and it showed up with engine speed issue. So i changed cam sensor g40. no difference. So then i changed crank sensor (and dmf clutch) no change.

Then i thought maybe the timing belt is stretched. changed that and adjusted cam timing but no difference.

I have a new battery and fuel filter fitted aswell.

My garage is closed so i can't get a rescan however the cheapy generic scanner i have throws up code p0726 which is engine speed.

I have also tested fuses 29 & 8 and they have 12v power.

I can hear the lift pump in the tank prime, although it's very quiet.

Finally yesterday i did some readings from the g40 & g28 plugs. The g40 was fine with 2 x 4.9v and a 0v.

The g28 however has the following readings with the ignition on.

pin 1black/red 0v
    pin 2 purple 4.9v
    pin 3 brown/blue 0v

I am now stumped and no further forward.

Help gratefully received.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A little more information.

I have just inspected the in tank pump. I cleaned the cup and body up and refitted it. No change but i did cycle it a couple of times to push the air along and it seems ok.

The cluster is showing the engine management light on, the glow plug light is flashing and the epc? warning light is on. Might be that i've knocked something refitting the gear ox / drive shaft / hub.

What i was wondering though is, the hp pump is also the vac pump. Is there a correlation with this?

The car also doesn't rev above 3000 at standstill but did when driving.
    Last edited by dean.st; 26-05-2020 at 01:22 PM. Reason: missed info

0 0 0

3. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    It'll stall indefinitely if you don't change the crank bearing shells.

2 0 0

4. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Crank speed sensor failure is common and a bitch to change; it won’t rev at standstill due to emissions legislation... it is not allowed to.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Dean iv got an issue similar to yours that arose today same engine too, i have asked in another thread I had going a question to crasher but seen as he is in here ill put it in here as it might help us both.. did you only have one fault code? Heres my original question to crasher, let me know if it is at all like what you have experienced..
    "another question for you while iv got you, (see you putting out fires all over the place!) I have another mk5, a 2008 tdi, engine code BXE, recently picked it up and all has been well, when i got it it had a flat battery so when I scanned with vcds there was fault codes on everything I cleared them and all was good. Fast forward and I went to move it tonight and it wouldn't start, it just cranked over. I kept trying and eventually it did start with some full throttle but quickly spluttered and died, now again it won't start.. iv scanned with vcds and get multiple codes which I clear, they then come back when I try to start it again.
    The codes are..
    013112 - control circuit for glowplug controller 1 - electrical malfunction.
    005441 - fuel pump relay (j17) - open circuit.
    012295 - camshaft position sensor (g40) - no signal.
    012292 - relay for low output preheating of coolant (j359) - open or short to ground.
    012294 - relay for high output preheating of coolant (j360) - open or short to ground.
    I cant hear the fuel pump in the tank but given I get multiple codes all at the same time eachtime I'm guessing its unlikely to be the pump... any known issues that throw up those multiple codes ?! Thanks again buddy!"

Regards

0 0 0

6. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I was confused there for a moment...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is possible the line 30 relay in the engine bay fuse box, control group number 100, is faulty
    Last edited by Crasher; 28-05-2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Line number error

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Don't suppose you could direct me to which one that is so I can check mate?

0 0 0

9. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    the only same error i had was the g40 error code. i think it is part of the symptomatic fault on mine rather than the cause

0 0 0

10. Re: 2008 1.9tdi bxe stalling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseymk5 View Post
    Hi Dean iv got an issue similar to yours that arose today same engine too, i have asked in another thread I had going a question to crasher but seen as he is in here ill put it in here as it might help us both.. did you only have one fault code? Heres my original question to crasher, let me know if it is at all like what you have experienced..
    "another question for you while iv got you, (see you putting out fires all over the place!) I have another mk5, a 2008 tdi, engine code BXE, recently picked it up and all has been well, when i got it it had a flat battery so when I scanned with vcds there was fault codes on everything I cleared them and all was good. Fast forward and I went to move it tonight and it wouldn't start, it just cranked over. I kept trying and eventually it did start with some full throttle but quickly spluttered and died, now again it won't start.. iv scanned with vcds and get multiple codes which I clear, they then come back when I try to start it again.
    The codes are..
    013112 - control circuit for glowplug controller 1 - electrical malfunction.
    005441 - fuel pump relay (j17) - open circuit.
    012295 - camshaft position sensor (g40) - no signal.
    012292 - relay for low output preheating of coolant (j359) - open or short to ground.
    012294 - relay for high output preheating of coolant (j360) - open or short to ground.
    I cant hear the fuel pump in the tank but given I get multiple codes all at the same time eachtime I'm guessing its unlikely to be the pump... any known issues that throw up those multiple codes ?! Thanks again buddy!"

Regards
    The relay 100 is in the fuse/relay tray next to the battery in mine. There might be others elsewhere though. Such as under the dash by the steering wheel

Quote Originally Posted by nurseymk5 View Post
    Don't suppose you could direct me to which one that is so I can check mate?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast