1. New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Recently got an 2012 a7. Great car just wonder If there's a way to do a few things below.

1. Adaptive cruise control be set to number 1 distance
    2. Stop radio from starting - I will try mute or volume down see what happens after that
    3. Auto stop start when stopped using the brake is there a way to keep it off with foot off brake using accelerate to activate engine would be great as using auto hold defeats the object when realising brake
    4. Lights switching them to off should be off? Drl,s are on but switched onto side lights drl,s are on but dim?
    5. Rear indicators to be dynamic well semi dynamic between the 2 indicator lights?
    6. Set speed for when spoiler comes on? And ba k down?
    7. Keep spoiler up when car off and start again?
    8. If somebody in the car ford and vw have a way to reduce the alarm allowing you to lock doors with somebody in the car?
    9. Map in the cluster shows Compass when no route selected is there a way to show the road etc?
    10. Front parking sensors do t activate when close to a car unless button is.pressed or reverse is activated?
    11. Reverse camera my picture is poor is there a way to get it clearer?

Sure there's a few things if missed lol sorry if it's long

0 0 0

2. Re: New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbubbbbbz View Post
    Recently got an 2012 a7. Great car just wonder If there's a way to do a few things below.

1. Adaptive cruise control be set to number 1 distance
    2. Stop radio from starting - I will try mute or volume down see what happens after that
    3. Auto stop start when stopped using the brake is there a way to keep it off with foot off brake using accelerate to activate engine would be great as using auto hold defeats the object when realising brake
    4. Lights switching them to off should be off? Drl,s are on but switched onto side lights drl,s are on but dim?
    5. Rear indicators to be dynamic well semi dynamic between the 2 indicator lights?
    6. Set speed for when spoiler comes on? And ba k down?
    7. Keep spoiler up when car off and start again?
    8. If somebody in the car ford and vw have a way to reduce the alarm allowing you to lock doors with somebody in the car?
    9. Map in the cluster shows Compass when no route selected is there a way to show the road etc?
    10. Front parking sensors do t activate when close to a car unless button is.pressed or reverse is activated?
    11. Reverse camera my picture is poor is there a way to get it clearer?

Sure there's a few things if missed lol sorry if it's long
    1 - yes I’ve done it on mine. You need VCDS or someone with it to activate the menu in the MMI to allow you to change the preset.
    2- not sure. Try setting the volume to minimum?
    3-no I don’t think so
    4-can be done but again need the menu activating with VCDS
    5-yes, I did this before getting the new new fully dynamic lights. There is a box that you connect that allows the semi dynamic feature to work. Have a search on google for A7 semi dynamic indicator box.
    6-not found a way yet but must be doable
    7-not found a way but would t want it to act that way personally.
    8-yes, again you need VCDS
    9-I don’t think so
    10-I’m trying to find this as I like how VW activates automatically when near an object.
    11-check the camera lens doesn’t have moisture or condensation inside. I’ve seen that a few times and you’d need a new camera if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=M1tchy;1095398]1 - yes I’ve done it on mine. You need VCDS or someone with it to activate the menu in the MMI to allow you to change the preset.
    2- not sure. Try setting the volume to minimum? (Will try and update)
    3-no I don’t think so
    4-can be done but again need the menu activating with VCDS
    5-yes, I did this before getting the new new fully dynamic lights. There is a box that you connect that allows the semi dynamic feature to work. Have a search on google for A7 semi dynamic indicator box. (You fitted fully dynamics to the old shape a7? How much did this cost you?)
    6-not found a way yet but must be doable
    7-not found a way but would t want it to act that way personally.
    8-yes, again you need VCDS
    9-I don’t think so
    10-I’m trying to find this as I like how VW activates automatically when near an object. (Please share if you do)
    11-check the camera lens doesn’t have moisture or condensation inside. I’ve seen that a few times and you’d need a new camera if that’s the case. (I will check can just the camera head be changed or needs to be everything including wire etc?)

Thanks i have replies in Red.

Found this on a r8 forum not more information about it

There is a way of doing this, but it will require a little electronics knowledge.

You need to be able to essentially do two things:

a) Read the canbus speed signal
    b) Install a relay off the speed signal that will trip a switch at a desired speed

I have done this for a customer with an S5 who retrofitted an RS5 rear spoiler and wanted it to go up at a lower speed than stock. A lot of work and trial and error.

0 0 0

4. Re: New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Djbubbbbbz;1095399]
    5-yes, I did this before getting the new new fully dynamic lights. There is a box that you connect that allows the semi dynamic feature to work. Have a search on google for A7 semi dynamic indicator box. (You fitted fully dynamics to the old shape a7? How much did this cost you?)

I think it was about a grand in total whereas the semi dynamic box is about £250 for the pair.

10-I’m trying to find this as I like how VW activates automatically when near an object. (Please share if you do)

I think I’ve nailed this one. Will confirm next week.

11-check the camera lens doesn’t have moisture or condensation inside. I’ve seen that a few times and you’d need a new camera if that’s the case. (I will check can just the camera head be changed or needs to be everything including wire etc?)

I think it’s just the camera which needs replacing.

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=M1tchy;1095450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbubbbbbz View Post

I think it was about a grand in total whereas the semi dynamic box is about £250 for the pair.

I think I’ve nailed this one. Will confirm next week.

Ok great let us know

0 0 0

6. Re: New a7 2012 owner few queries small niggles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    How did you get on with on the parking sensors?

0 0 0