Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Indeed, but the law says; "It is an offence under the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Regulation 61a(3)) to use on a road a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet. Removal of a diesel particulate filter (DPF), from a vehicle used on the road, will invariably result in a contravention of the Regulations (making the vehicle unlawful to use on the road). The potential penalties are £1,000 for a car and £2,500 for a van, lorry or bus.Under section 75 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, it is an offence to alter a vehicle in such a way that the use of the vehicle on a road would be unlawful. Thus both the vehicle user and the person disabling the DPF (if they knew or believed that the vehicle would be used on the road) could be found guilty of an offence under the Act." You can expect the relevant authorities to devise a quick initial roadside test to indicate non compliance, followed by an invitation to a more detailed inspection. And, if caught, your vehicle will be deemed to be on the road in contravention of the act which will also means insurance cover will be voided. Potentially expensive.
    whats your shoulder number--so I can make official complaint to police commissioner ??? better still take a picture of your Warrant card_(since you could give any old pip number) an if its the old type with address on it,you can just blank that part cause I aint interested in where you live !!! an post it up here !!

1 1 0

2. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Same here .

I put a 1.5mm slip in blank at the base of the egr feed pipe banking off the exhaust manifold so the pipe wouldn't unnecessarily fill with exhaust gasses .

0 1 0

3. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Same here . I put a 1.5mm slip in blank at the base of the egr feed pipe banking off the exhaust manifold so the pipe wouldn't unnecessarily fill with exhaust gasses .
    I just block vac pipe but because I don't run fossil/petroleum fuel --my cars are two of the cleanest tdi's running locally !!!

0 1 0

4. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Same here . I put a 1.5mm slip in blank at the base of the egr feed pipe banking off the exhaust manifold so the pipe wouldn't unnecessarily fill with exhaust gasses .
    If you have vagcom/VCDS---you can just trun the EGR down with that very easy it give ya a steer as to the coding while you are in there--or Ross tech will give you a steer in they'r wiki!!!!

0 1 0

5. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    He probably couldn't read your writing! Anyway, what precisely would be the form and substance of said complaint? Hmm? Knowledge of the law? Ability to read a complete paragraph? Pray, do elucidate.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

6. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    "Waits for forums lawyer to reply"
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

7. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    "Waits for forums lawyer to reply"
    Hahahahahaha---you were/are just sounding like a jobs worth-and "no I am not trying to be offensive in any way just telling it as it is" !!! we all/well I'm sure most at the very least do's know what is and what is not legal, surely the hole point of this forum is for like minded fokes to obtain info/solutions for probs they are having with their cars and if possible find out little tricks and mods that keep from having to shell out hard earned coin----No ????

0 1 0

8. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnuts View Post
    whats your shoulder number--so I can make official complaint to police commissioner ??? better still take a picture of your Warrant card_(since you could give any old pip number) an if its the old type with address on it,you can just blank that part cause I aint interested in where you live !!! an post it up here !!
    Still waiting.

0 1 0

9. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Still waiting.
    Hey man/or woman-(I dont know do I !!) I aint no know it all, or lawer but you quoting things that I would say not too many foke, are wanting to hear,-regardless of whether it is the law or not --cause we just want help with probs, and or tips on how to avoid costly bills !!--but my last post should be enough -No ?? Oh and by the way---"I can and do understand and speak the written languish" "just fine thanks"" !!!! as for complaint----it was/is meant to be a polite way of telling you too wind your neck in !!!!!!

0 1 0

10. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnuts View Post
    Hey man/or woman-(I dont know do I !!) I aint no know it all, or lawer but you quoting things that I would say not too many foke, are wanting to hear,-regardless of whether it is the law or not --cause we just want help with probs, and or tips on how to avoid costly bills !!--but my last post should be enough -No ?? Oh and by the way---"I can and do understand and speak the written languish" "just fine thanks"" !!!! as for complaint----it was/is meant to be a polite way of telling you too wind your neck in !!!!!!
    So, not too many folk want to hear about the potential legal issues they might face if they follow your 'tips on how to avoid costly bills' instead you go off on one like some self appointed advocate of arsehattery. I was merely attempting to point out the potential pitfalls at a time when (partly due to people who bypass emission controls) diesel ice's are facing the axe with all the ongoing detrimental effects that will have. But I can understand how someone with such a wonderful grasp of 'languish' may not fully appreciate that.

0 1 0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast