1. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    This is the technical "blurb" I got from my dealer on the Software Update Campaign (90J7) for the instrument cluster (both VC and Non-VC Clusters):

Technical background
    On Audi Q7 vehicles manufactured within a specific period, interference may be visible on the screen in the instrument cluster after the ignition is switched on.
    On instrument clusters with analogue dials, the instrument cluster may have an increased current draw when the ignition is switched off.
    Remedy
    On the vehicles affected, the software of the instrument cluster (dash panel insert) must be updated.

Cheers

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with you 100% Andy, called to Audi dealer on Wed. regarding the spare wheel query here and asked were they aware of some re-call issues and with a typical French response: Oui mais pas grave. When they were going to notify me is anybody's guess.

0 0 0

3. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB7 View Post
    Mines booked in on the 27th for third row fix.They apparently could have done it next week as they have been told that it is a priority but I needed a decent sized courtesy car and the 27th was the earliest they could do that.

Really annoys me with audi that each department gives out different information.
    You know what's more infuriating is that you'll have rang the same contact centre as me

0 0 0

4. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    +1

It also annoys me that Audi UK should be reaching out to all Q7 customers if its a "safety" issue on a car that is eligible for it. However, in most cases its us ringing them to tell them. Or is it just me?

I've never received a letter/phone call from Audi to say "oh by the way, there is a safety problem with item X on your car, please come in to get it rectified FOC".

Anyone ever had that?

Andy
    Agree 100% if anything regarding safety is an issue then the manufacturer should break every barrier to get the cars in and rectified.

God forbid someone using the seven seats has an frontal accident and passengers in the rear seats are injured due to this. How would Audi defend themselves? The owner could be completely oblivious to the fact that there is a recall.

The only time I've seen recall letters have been on parents old Toyota (not brakes) can't remember what but a letter came and a phone call from local dealers to get car in.

0 0 0

5. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    +1

It also annoys me that Audi UK should be reaching out to all Q7 customers if its a "safety" issue on a car that is eligible for it. However, in most cases its us ringing them to tell them. Or is it just me?

I've never received a letter/phone call from Audi to say "oh by the way, there is a safety problem with item X on your car, please come in to get it rectified FOC".

Anyone ever had that?

Andy
    I did....after I called them! Although letter had 29th September. I called them on 4th October and post stamp was from 4th October priority and egc

0 0 0

6. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1sh View Post
    I did....after I called them! Although letter had 29th September. I called them on 4th October and post stamp was from 4th October priority and egc
    What a joke. I've just emailed my dealer asking for their stance on safety recall issues.

Did anyone ring Audi UK Customer Services on this and ask them what their stance is?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

7. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Mine is for Audi Poland, Andy!
    Still I find this unacceptable not to call new Q7 owners for such serious isdue

0 0 0

8. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    When the service guy at my local Audi put in my reg and details they have as I'm on there system
    it flag up a warning on the bottom of his screen
    this show him there was some thing needed addressing when clicked its show the rear seats needed a mod but nothing else on the car
    as far as he was concerned that was it didn't want to know about steering just said it would be on his system if there was
    so I showed his the page on the internet about the steering that was when he said well it's in the USA lol

my car is booked in the end of month 31st as due to loan car
    as they want my car a week as I have over 12 faults to sort or try trouble is there all intermittent so don't hold much luck there

all my faults are MMI based so think they should just fit a new one but tech guy just said we have to prove with a screen shot from the hidden menu where it's stores faults then we do a screen shot

ANDY is there such menu?

also the tech guy was hopeful that some of the software updates will cure some of my probs

one of you guys reading this had pre sense and window probs can't remember who? After a software update was this ever sorted?

M

0 0 0

9. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    When the service guy at my local Audi put in my reg and details they have as I'm on there system
    it flag up a warning on the bottom of his screen
    this show him there was some thing needed addressing when clicked its show the rear seats needed a mod but nothing else on the car
    as far as he was concerned that was it didn't want to know about steering just said it would be on his system if there was
    so I showed his the page on the internet about the steering that was when he said well it's in the USA lol

my car is booked in the end of month 31st as due to loan car
    as they want my car a week as I have over 12 faults to sort or try trouble is there all intermittent so don't hold much luck there

all my faults are MMI based so think they should just fit a new one but tech guy just said we have to prove with a screen shot from the hidden menu where it's stores faults then we do a screen shot

ANDY is there such menu?

also the tech guy was hopeful that some of the software updates will cure some of my probs

one of you guys reading this had pre sense and window probs can't remember who? After a software update was this ever sorted?

M
    Max, there is an Engineering Menu yes, but I dont know if it stores the "faults" on it. I'd need to check. Here is a screenshot of how to access it and take a screenshot. I believe you need a formatted SD Card in slot 1 when you do a screenshot and it saves it to that SD Card. I've never tried it, it might need to be enabled via coding first if it doesnt work.

Engineering menu works though straight away. Access it and see what you can find.

20161007_164040.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Andy

1 0 0

10. Re: MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Here is the comment back from my dealer on the notification process for safety issue:

"Audi UK notify the Centres of all Product Enhancements being released. At every visit to an Audi Centre a check is made to see if there are any Enhancements outstanding for a vehicle, so that they may be carried out during the customers visit.

If there is a Safety Concern resulting in a Product Enhancement being released, Audi would write directly to customers of affected vehicles, to advise them. The Product Enhancement regarding the seats has only very recently been released, so it may be that Audi are in the process of collating customers details to make contact."

Maybe we are just jumping the gun....

0 0 0

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast