Notices

User Tag List

Thread: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape)

1. All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    di4charles Guest
    Hi, All my interior lights including the visor lights and door puddle lights have stopped working in my VW Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 2001 New Shape). I have found the fuses under the steering wheel with the help of the User Manual and all relevant ones look OK. What else can I do? Is there an electrical control unit or module I should change and if so, where is it located? Perhaps there are some hidden in-line fuses or perhaps some relevant fuses inside the engine compartment? If one interior bulb blows, do they all stop working - surely not?

I should add that the central locking is working OK.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by di4charles; 27-09-2011 at 10:57 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Similar problem on my 03 Passat. The Haynes manual shows that all the lights are controlled by the "convenience system control unit". This is the same unit that controls the alarm, and that's been giving me grief on and off for months now too (although just lately it's stopped going off, but I suspect it's not working at all now. . .). Unfortunately access to this unit involves removing the front passenger seat, disabling the airbags, inserting a custom adaptor to prevent the side airbag from going off. . . VW sure know how to make life hard for us!

0 0 0

3. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    di4charles Guest
    It turned out my problem was one in-line fuse accessible through the dash board cover under the steering wheel. No mention of it in any manual I found though!

0 0 1

4. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you mean the cover positioned underneath the steering wheel, the one that also covers the lower half of the ignition switch ?

0 0 0

5. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    di4charles Guest
    No, the fuse box cover.

0 0 0

6. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No interior lights at all working.
    No left front window elevator working.
    When turning on the rear window heater, the hazard lamps sometimes came on.
    When turning on the rear heater the panel lights of the left door changed intensity.

I was not able to solve the issues myself, but the Ford wokshop did.
    It was all eroded connections in the cable spines and doors.
    Took them approx. 12h to solve it
    / Kris

0 0 0

7. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you remember which fuse that have blown?

0 0 0

8. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    di4charles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by perooo View Post
    Do you remember which fuse that have blown?
    I had to take the car to a garage. They found a blown in-line fuse that was tucked away somewhere devilish. I recall they said it was near the fuse box but not in it like most of them. Hope this helps.

0 0 0

9. Re: All interior lights and door lights stopped working in my Sharan 1.9 TDi (Nov 01 New Shape) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by di4charles View Post
    I had to take the car to a garage. They found a blown in-line fuse that was tucked away somewhere devilish. I recall they said it was near the fuse box but not in it like most of them. Hope this helps.
    Tnx mate! Have the exact same problem on my 05, so im going to a garage tomorrow.

0 0 0