Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Our workshop was raided last week,they stole VAS diagnostic equipment to the value of £35000 and a navigation system from a new EOS,which was due for delivery,the next day,(theiving gits).Anyway we were left without any diagnostic equipment,you can imagine how that was.We received a message from Siemens that they did not know when they could supply the new instruments.We have been waiting for a VAS 5052A since May last year.Anyhow we decided to buy VCDS,which we received yesterday.I must say i'am most impressed,on how it functions,it is a good deal quicker than VAS,so i must say this was a good investment.Have to hide it though when we have the annual workshop control Installed on Vista no problems

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, here in DE its pretty much no problem to get any tools. Delivery time on a VAS 5052A was 1-2 days, bought 2 of 'em last year.

But after all glad you like the product.
    Sebastian @ www.Ross-Tech.com

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenney View Post
    Anyhow we decided to buy VCDS,which we received yesterday.I must say i'am most impressed,on how it functions,it is a good deal quicker than VAS,so i must say this was a good investment.
    Thanks for the kudos. Remember that we are also available for Tech Support should you need it.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Paul, and everyone else!

I'll get a cheapo cable off the bay for now then and register the $99 VAG-COM software from Ross Tech then.
    Last edited by Naseem; 04-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, just did a quick scan with the shareware version just to check make sure it was ok.

I tried doing the auto scan but it said feature wasn't available in unregistered version a couple of minutes into the scan. I went thought the rest of the controllers one by one to find fault codes, but it kept coming back with a communication error on most of the controllers; I assume these are either not available in the shareware version or my car doesn't support quite a few of the functions.

Anyway, here's what I've managed to get out of it so far:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Chassis Type: 4B - Audi A6 C5
    Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,16,17,35,36,37,45,55,56,76

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine
    Controller: 038 906 019 LL
    Component: 1,9l R4 EDC G000SG 5654
    Coding: 00002
    Shop #: WSC 02334
    WAUZZZ4B95N000647 AUZ7Z0D2612653
    No fault code found.
    Readiness: N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 03: ABS Brakes
    Controller: 4B0 614 517 G
    Component: ABS/ESP front 3428
    Coding: 06255
    Shop #: WSC 02195
    1 Fault Found:
    00532 - Supply Voltage B+
    07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

----------------------------------------------------------------

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 4B0 959 655 AA
    Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 1002
    Software Coding: 0001106
    Work Shop Code: WSC 02334
    1 Fault Found:
    01218 - Side Airbag Igniter: Passenger Side (N200)
    001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

---------------------------------------------------------------------

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the kudos. Remember that we are also available for Tech Support should you need it.
    Bruce, can you help me with this please:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65844

I've e-mailed Ross tech but haven't had a reply. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Neil

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I am away from the office today so I cannot check with the tech guys about your email. Please keep in mind that those guys see hundreds of emails everyday and handle as many phone calls each day. It may take a little time before they get back to you. Please also remember that at this point you are not a Ross-Tech customer having purchased an aftermarket interface and operating the shareware version. Your request goes to the bottom of the pile to be looked at after paying customers.

Now to your question: I would expect to see many more modules communicating with VAG-COM. Please look at this chart for a list of modules I would expect to scan: 2004 A6

If you cannot talk to these, the problem is your interface and you should contact your supplier to find out what the problem might be. You could also ask others who may have the same interface for help. Alternatively, you could pony up to the bar and buy a genuine Ross-Tech product which I promise will talk to the modules in that car.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Bruce for the quick reply. Thats the point, I am a registered user and purchased a genuine hex cable

Linda Ross <Activations@ross-tech.com>
    Hello -

Thanks for registering! Your information has been added to our customer
    file for Tech Support purposes.

Best Regards,

Linda Ross
    Ross-Tech

This was the e-mail I received after registration.

I have got a full scan, I'll list it later as its on my laptop.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

Thanks

Neil

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNS2007 View Post
    Thanks Bruce for the quick reply. Thats the point, I am a registered user and purchased a genuine hex cable
    Ok then in that case, you need to give the guys a chance to reply. As said I am out of the office and cannot check on status of your email. You can always call the office. The tech guys are there until 6pm Eastern US time.

Judging from what I saw, you should perform the [Options][Test] and see if you are able to connect on both K-Lines. You could have a module in the car hanging one of the diagnostic buses, thereby interfering with the communications to all modules on that bus. If the test comes back that all is ok, then I think the tech guys at the office need to jump in to give further help.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 TDi 2004 VAG-COM - Ross Tech? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again Bruce,

I'm learning day by day and am not totally sure what to do, I will (if you don't mind copy your reply to my original posting to see if anyone can 'hold my hand'.

I have e-mailed one of your colleagues Sebastian this aswell and note that he is party to this posting. (Sebastian - I sent you the full scan)

I appreciate you guys are busy (its a fantastic piece of kit) and it may take time to investigate and reply. I haven't had any sort of acknowledgement and didn't know whether I was doing something wrong or if it was a matter that you guys don't deal with. Believe me I don't reply to some of my e-mails at work either.

Should I e-mail ross tech support again or will you kindly have a look.

Thanks again to both of you

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast