Notices

User Tag List

Thread: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3?

1. CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

What is the difference between the CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 and the CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 3?

Is there one? The prices are only a couple of £ apart and all the descriptions seems the same for either tyre.
    B8 A4 SE 2.7 V6 TDI |Deep Sea Blue|Leather|B&O|SatNav|Phone Prep|AMI|Steering Wheel Paddle Shift|Comfort Seat heated and Ventilation with Memory|Xenon Plus|Adaptive Lights|Audi Parking Advanced|Auto Dip Mirrors|Interior Light Pack|Storage Pack|Hill Hold Assist|18" 5 Spoke Alloys| Gone but not forgotten:-B7 A4 S-Line 2.0TDI

0 0 0

2. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've often asked myself the same question- I think Sport Contact 3 is probably a slight redesign, either Sport Contact 2 is an amazing design and they continue it or there is a hell of a lot of excess stock to shift.

I have SC2s on my A4 at the moment- very good tyres and a lot quieter than the Dunlop Sport Maxx I had before.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

3. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have 3's on the front and rear left is a 3 and rear right is a 2. I think the original owner must have been just as confused
    B8 A4 SE 2.7 V6 TDI |Deep Sea Blue|Leather|B&O|SatNav|Phone Prep|AMI|Steering Wheel Paddle Shift|Comfort Seat heated and Ventilation with Memory|Xenon Plus|Adaptive Lights|Audi Parking Advanced|Auto Dip Mirrors|Interior Light Pack|Storage Pack|Hill Hold Assist|18" 5 Spoke Alloys| Gone but not forgotten:-B7 A4 S-Line 2.0TDI

0 0 0

4. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok done more digging
    Continental Sport Contact 2

Category: High performance tyresTyre Type:
    As predecessor to the SportContact3, the ContiSportContact 2 has excellent braking and cornering safety, ultra-precise steering response and outstanding traction on wet and dry surfaces.
    Features

• Excellent braking.
    • Outstanding traction.
    • Excellent grip.

Continental Sport Contact 3

Category: High performance tyresTyre Type:
    The Continental Sport Contact 3 is a summer tyre for ultra high performance sports coupes, powerful cars and luxury sedans. The perfect summer tyre can only be driven on dry roads and it is not intended to be driven in sub zero temperatures on icy and snow covered roads. The maximum performance tyre exhibits precise steering response and has excellent braking capacity.
    Features

• Extremely precise steering.
    • Shorter braking distances on dry and wet roads.
    • Superb handling.
    • Improved safety and cornering.

So it would seem the 3s are purely meant to be summer dry only. However I have driven in all weather including the bad snow recently and they were great.

1 0 0

5. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I put sport 3 on front and sport 2 on the rear ( 2.0T fsi avant) last november BUT the rears are near the legal limit!!
    Car is front wheel drive and the fronts have lots of life left in them, so whats going on

0 0 0

6. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is the same...I have 3s on the fronts and one rear and a 2 on the last rear. The fronts were new last year and the backs had loads on them. All 3s have plenty left but the 2 is now needing replacement badly.

0 0 0

7. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, hope its ok to bump this thread as I have question specific to these tyres. I have the SC2's on my A4 but am considering the SC3's in light of their (perhaps) better wear. One thing I like about the current tyres is that they protrude from the alloy rim helping to protect the wheel from damage (they are still perfect, not bad for a 5 year old car). Can anyone tell me if the SC3's are the same in this respect? In the picture above it looks like they may not be but would appreciate anyone who either has both on their car now or has asked this question in the past. Thanks!

0 0 0

8. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We have used the 3's for years but are moving over to the 5's on cars such as the Golf 5 R32 to replace the expensive and short lived Michelin's.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have Conti 5's on the rear and 3's on the front of my 3.0 Quattro. The 5's are just the latest out I believe? Still good tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    2018 A7 3.0. tdi quattro s-line s-tronic, Mythos black metallic, rear view camera, parking system plus, 2 zone climate control, hybrid propulsion system, 21" wheels

0 0 0

10. Re: CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 or 3? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the good experience I had with the A4 I have also put SC2 on the MK3 Golf- brilliant tyres with the rim protector and only Continentals I can find for sale in OEM tyre size AND £400 for 4 (oh the joys of 16" wheels)
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0