1. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will be pleased to know,that in the Echo this morning it,says work will start on the refurb in 3 days because someone anonymous has donated £400,000!!!!
    I know you was all for this project Crasher but selling your house was a bit EXTREME!!
    It is nice to see it will be up and running again and it will also definatly be flying by May 25th which is the Golden aniversary of the 1st test flight.

0 0 0

2. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    I had to sell the house, 5 cars, wife, 2 cats and my model collection but it was worth it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But which are you gunna miss the most?

0 0 0

4. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    My cats.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Proud to say my Dad and myself have donated and pledged.

We are also members of 655 MaPS ( http://www.xm655.com/ ) and had the treat of XH558 doing a display over an idling XM655 at Wellesbourne (Warks) airfield last June.

Two Vulcans, 8 Olympus engines and a very happy father and son!

0 0 0

6. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Now that MUST have made the eyes water and the hairs on the back of ones neck stand up…

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Any updates anyone?
    These are amazing planes, I saw one at an airshow when I was a kid, the ground was vibrating & my mate & I were shouting down each others ear trying to talk but it was too loud!!
    Hope it's not another part of UK PLC, where everything's for sale, that's flogged off for a quick profit.

"If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him."

0 0 0

8. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Great Dunmow (near Stansted Airport), Essex
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, fantastic bit of news about this aircraft. It turns out that the company I work for actually re-manufactured many of the parts that went on this plane the last time it flew.

The company was actually the recognised OEM manufacturer of the parts, so I like to think we have a little part in this historic aircraft.

1990 Black MKII Golf 1.8 GL. Otherwise known as 'Gumpert' Rampant "Rabbit"

2011 Rosso Brunello Skoda Superb Estate Elegance 1.6 CR Greenline. Otherwise known as 'Sue'
    1988 Tornado Red MKII Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. Otherwise known as 'Hollie' - Project

0 0 0

9. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The Vulcan is an absolutely awesome piece of engineering, when I saw it flying I think last year or back in 2008 over Farnborough, it came over where I used to work at about 750 feet and the ground beneath my feet vibrated as it passed and climbed out toward the south west.
    I intend to contribute to keep this baby flying!
    Gazza57

0 0 0

10. Re: Vulcan XH558 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudey Head View Post
    Any updates anyone?
    These are amazing planes, I saw one at an airshow when I was a kid, the ground was vibrating & my mate & I were shouting down each others ear trying to talk but it was too loud!!
    Hope it's not another part of UK PLC, where everything's for sale, that's flogged off for a quick profit.
    Unfortunately Dudey,
    That is exactly what this country is about, flogging off it's assets to the highest bidder, nothing else matters except profit.
    You only need to compare our aviation industry now to that of say 50 or 60 years ago to see what's been done.
    We had AVRO, Fairey,Gloster, Vickers,English Electric,Handley Page,Hawker, BAC, to name but a few now we just have our coalition of English, French German & Italian aircraft manufacturers.
    Compare that with the US who still have
    Lockheed,Northprop, Boeing, Mc Donnell Douglas, Hughes, Grumman, Bell, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney all still independent working and profitable, it doesn't always make sense to flog it all off!
    Gazza57

0 0 0

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast