Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Passenger Footwell Water Leak...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Passenger Footwell Water Leak... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey everyone, i have another problem... (gettin sick of this )

Well this morning i got into my car to go work. I realsied a fresh trickle of water in the passenger footwell, dripping from behind the glove compartment/centre console? it is wet there as i checked by putting my hand up there.

I had a serive 3 days ago from a VW dealership. Could this be the cause of the problem (e.g. they may not have sealed something up after replacing/checking)

Anyway i have read up on this (from the search feature) and i wanted to know if i have a right in calling the dealership up and telling them that this has only happened after the service? would they fix this problem? or would they still charge me?

Help would be appreciated, as i dont wont anything to "blow" (electricals)causing me more costs! Also if anyone could tell me what the most likely problem is??

THANK YOU!!!!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i very doubt that after a service they can cause a water leak on your car....how in earth are they have meant to have caused that? unless they slipped and drilled a hole in your car. none of the servicable items would have this effect.
    have u got a sunroof? the sunroof rain channells along the A piller being blocked is a obvious place to look for water leaks.
    i hated people who complained...for example, "that after you fitted a bulb my engine wont start so its your fault"
    however, the people who did complain always managed to get a repair for free just so VW got good customer reports. so its worth a try complaining to try and get it free. but be carefull....
    i bet they will take it in and have a look at your car to see whats wrong and see if they are the cause...and say they will do it for free if so....but then u will get a whopping bill saying badluck it was nothing o do with us and u need to pay us loads of money. lol
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ther water leak places of possibility to check if ur interested:
    turn the air con on full (cold-if you have air con) then see if the leak is more apparent and if it is coming from the air con drain tube pipe which is situated under the glovebox/centre console.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey shooey88 , thanks for the reply.

I can understand that a service may not have caused a leak...BUT i have just noticed something...

just blow the windscren wipers sits a plastic edging (which runs right accros the bottom of the windscreen). I believe this plastic part is removed to get to the pollen filter? Well, im not 100 % sure, but this plastic covering is fully sealed and closed up against the drivers side of the windscreen.. BUT... isnt on the passenger side, where there is a gap, wide enough to let loads of water in.

could this possibily be it?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be more specific.. this is the part im talking about ^^^
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u dont have to remove all that plastic trim for the pollen filter....u remove the plastic bit on the drivers side attatched to it by undoing the phillip screws.

the picture u got isnt sealed...its just clipped in against the windscreen....u can try pushing and cliping it urself easily...but i doubt that would cause a water leak.....unless you have had a windscreen fitted recently..and not done properly which you would have to take that part off to do as its sealed under neath but only when a windscreen is fitted

do u have a sunroof? or air con?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i meant passenger side....u remove the screws and small bit of plastic trim on the passenger side
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

The picture that uve jsut seen isnt a pic of my car. I found if off this site somewhere.

I just thought it was a little weird as the drivers side is fully sealed but the passengers side has a gap (and the leak being on the passengers side, i automatically thought this was the cause.) Also, because it was absoloutely ******* down today and last night, and the wetness was found this morning (after last nights rain?) and after work (rain during the day?)

i have just checkd my car since after work, and there doesnt seem to be any dampness (hasnt rained since i came back from work....?)

I DONT have a sunroof.

I DO have A/C.

Thank you for the help...keep it coming please...
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i admit it is suspicious that u noticed it after u got ur car back from the garage....however, so many times i have had customers happened to suddenly notice scratches on the car after iv worked on it......didnt do me any good....but was so frequent and obvious lies alot of the time

so sorry about my biased opinion.....u have a right to suspect

i am trying to help u find ur problem tho....if you have air con...i suggest putting it on and seeing if u notice water drip with it on full cold.

also, its a common fault for water to leak in from the door...leak from window lifter seals...but where do u say the leak is coming from? behing the dash centre of the car?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    o and btw...why dont u do a water test.....get a water hose and spray it down the front of the windscreen and get another person to watch to see if water leaks in.....easy and same test what we do in a garage
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast