Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Im after a bit of info as looking at changing current car which is a Vauxhall Zafira VXR running on LPG to either a A4 avant quattro s-line 2.0tdi or A6 avant 3.0 tdi. After soming 4x4 or awd with decent boot.

How do the quattros handle in recent snow weve had?

On A4 looking at about 07 or last of the older B7? model early 08. The seem to have done an 08 S-line SE model in black which has no chrome, whats the difference (assume few extras thrown in as SE end of line model) between this and standard s-line with leather?

On the 2.0 tdi what kind of mpg do you get on short runs say of 8 miles round trip and general adverage mpg?

Thinking might get the car remapped are maps from revo, angel, upsolute etc all pretty much like for like?

Any common faults to look for?

Does £16500 to £17500 seem about right for a 56-08 plate A4 avant quattro s line with leather?

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another question is the boot on a A4 avant the same size as an A4 avant with quattro or do you loose space due to the drive train? if so how much space and is it height width??

0 0 0

3. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You really want to be looking at the A6 Avant if you are after boot space as the A4 doesn't really hold a great deal unless you stack to the roof or have the rear seats down.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

4. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin73 View Post
    Hi

Im after a bit of info as looking at changing current car which is a Vauxhall Zafira VXR running on LPG to either a A4 avant quattro s-line 2.0tdi or A6 avant 3.0 tdi. After soming 4x4 or awd with decent boot.

How do the quattros handle in recent snow weve had?

On A4 looking at about 07 or last of the older B7? model early 08. The seem to have done an 08 S-line SE model in black which has no chrome, whats the difference (assume few extras thrown in as SE end of line model) between this and standard s-line with leather?

On the 2.0 tdi what kind of mpg do you get on short runs say of 8 miles round trip and general adverage mpg?

Thinking might get the car remapped are maps from revo, angel, upsolute etc all pretty much like for like?

Any common faults to look for?

Does £16500 to £17500 seem about right for a 56-08 plate A4 avant quattro s line with leather?

Cheers
    Hi there mate,

I cant give advice on the engine choice that you have specified but i can on the quattro system.

I have recently bought an A4 2.0t Quattro SE and have found it to be excellent in the recent snow that we have had in Cumbria. I had a 3.0 diesel X5 before but was not too impressed with auto box, so decided to get an Audi for a change. The manual box is very easy and is probably the easiest car to drive that i have owned....gearbox, clutch etc.
    The only real dissappointment for me is the engine sound is a bit boring and the steering is a bit light at normal speeds.

As reguard the boot space, mine is a saloon , but i dont think the 4 wheel drive takes up any room. I may be wrong though.

0 0 0

5. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kod Thanks for the reply.

Only downside to A6 is finding enough space to park it either in car parks, zafira is bad enough in multi storeys unless get parent and child space and A6 is about 1 1/2 feet longer and wider also.

Is there an age limit before you can strap a child to a roof rack?

==

MSH Im in Kendal where in Cumbria are you?

Considered 4x4s like X3, rav4, freelander but ruled them out due to boot space and freelander on reliability. For decent boot would need X5 or Range Rover Sport but a lot more money for age and milage would want and higher running costs. Work from home but still do 20k a year somehow.

Thought about 2.0 fsi but if chip a 2.0 tdi will be similar 0-60 times and upto 15mpg more which snt to be sniffed at.

You could try adding a dump value, K&N or stainless steel exhaust if after a bit more grunt or pops and bangs. Not sure if the A4 has a precat convertor before the main cat but on VXR removed mine and put straight through stainless steel pipe and fair pops and bangs away, bit too much at times, but increases bhp a bit.

0 0 0

6. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kod Thanks for the reply.

Only downside to A6 is finding enough space to park it either in car parks, zafira is bad enough in multi storeys unless get parent and child space and A6 is about 1 1/2 feet longer and wider also.

Is there an age limit before you can strap a child to a roof rack?

==

MSH Im in Kendal where in Cumbria are you?

Considered 4x4s like X3, rav4, freelander but ruled them out due to boot space and freelander on reliability. For decent boot would need X5 or Range Rover Sport but a lot more money for age and milage would want and higher running costs. Work from home but still do 20k a year somehow.

Thought about 2.0 fsi but if chip a 2.0 tdi will be similar 0-60 times and upto 15mpg more which snt to be sniffed at.

You could try adding a dump value, K&N or stainless steel exhaust if after a bit more grunt or pops and bangs. Not sure if the A4 has a precat convertor before the main cat but on VXR removed mine and put straight through stainless steel pipe and fair pops and bangs away, bit too much at times, but increases bhp a bit.

I live about 4 mile from Kendal, in Levens.

Thought about a stainless steel exhaust but find telling insurance company a pain.

They cancelled my wifes insurance with 24 hours notice the last time she was honest about exhaust mods.

0 0 0

7. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Honesty isnt always the best policy. But im not the luckiest of people so tend to tell insurance of any mods.

You could always ask the question and find out what they would charge. I know years ago when I was with Tesco they wanted silly money for any mods.

I had mine made by Eurosport exhausts part of Westgate Tyres on White Lund in Morecambe near Honda. Were fair bit cheaper than powerflow round the corner who used when had a MGZT cdti. They put a full stainless system on MG with no cat and said wouldnt be much noise difference as hard to get any noise from diesels. It was a right boomy thing very annoying drone when sat on motorway.

Been with Adrian Flux for 7 or 8 years now, they are good for mods, points, kit cars etc. if you get a better renewal price if you can give evidence in writing they will beat it.

I paid £230 last year for the VXR and im 36, 9 points, business use, max no claims protected and LPG conversion (no extra charge) and stainless back box which had to be done to make space for LPG tank. Up for renewal next month and prices so far have been about £420, so fingers crossed get a sensible renewal price.

0 0 0

8. Unhappy Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Honesty isnt always the best policy. But im not the luckiest of people so tend to tell insurance of any mods.

You could always ask the question and find out what they would charge. I know years ago when I was with Tesco they wanted silly money for any mods.

I had mine made by Eurosport exhausts part of Westgate Tyres on White Lund in Morecambe near Honda. Were fair bit cheaper than powerflow round the corner who used when had a MGZT cdti. They put a full stainless system on MG with no cat and said wouldnt be much noise difference as hard to get any noise from diesels. It was a right boomy thing very annoying drone when sat on motorway.

Been with Adrian Flux for 7 or 8 years now, they are good for mods, points, kit cars etc. if you get a better renewal price if you can give evidence in writing they will beat it.

I paid £230 last year for the VXR and im 36, 9 points, business use, max no claims protected and LPG conversion (no extra charge) and stainless back box which had to be done to make space for LPG tank. Up for renewal next month and prices so far have been about £420, so fingers crossed get a sensible renewal price.

Thought about Adrian Flux before, but i i will have to wait for warranty to expire before i can do anything to car, as they will only try to get out of any claims in the future.
    Not sure if exhaust will sound that different on a 4 pot turbo anyway.

I had a Supersprint on a BMW 328ci that sounded good though- not too boomy on motorway but deep base on acceleration. I will have to get an RS 4 next????

0 0 0

9. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Zafira is only 4 pot turbo and back box and precat made fair difference to exhaust sound and tone.

Not sure where you would stand with warranty as if say a gearbox went they cant exactly blame it on the exhaust.

Hargreaves Vauxhall surprisingly were ok regarding warranty after LPG conversion.

0 0 0

10. Re: buying advice please ref audi a4 avant quattro s line 2007 or 2008 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think i can live with it for now. Might think about changing stuff if i end up keeping longer than a year.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast