Hi I have a problem with my electrical central locking on my Octavia Estate 1.9DTI 2003 (53 plate). On Christmas Eve after locking the car with the key ( the battery in the remote fob having run out, so have been using the key ), I could hear the central locking was operating the locks trying to unlock and lock repeatedly this would stop after a minute and continue a few minutes later, this cycle went on for few hours. I was worried the battery would drain overnight, so disconnected the earth connection and left the car overnight disconnected.
All was fine, until last Wednesday, when the same thing happened, and has continued ever since. Plus, now the doors automatically lock when the ignition is on and we are driving along. When the central locking button on the door arm rest is depressed this unlocks all doors, but the doors lock straight away again. We now disconnect the battery whenever the car is parked.
I have removed the battery from the remote key fob, no real difference.
I have checked my owner’s manual for fuse assignment list, way no 6 is designated central locking control unit – but this is not fitted. Way no 38 is designated luggage light central locking, remote fuel filler – 10A, or central locking and interior light 15A, I do have a fuse in this position but it is 1.5A, not 15A may be a misprint as the same error occurs on most of the ways 38 to 43 i.e. out by factor of 10. I have removed fuse 38, central locking does not work, nor the filler flap but interior lights etc continue to work.
Can anyone confirm if it is acceptable to use the car without this fuse in place. Will this prevent the the system trying to lock and unlock and therefore drain the battery. Can I now leave the battery connected at all times and manual lock the doors. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how it may be resolved without going to the main dealer and costing the earth. The omens are not good having reviewed similar Octavia problems on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated.