Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have a problem with my electrical central locking on my Octavia Estate 1.9DTI 2003 (53 plate). On Christmas Eve after locking the car with the key ( the battery in the remote fob having run out, so have been using the key ), I could hear the central locking was operating the locks trying to unlock and lock repeatedly this would stop after a minute and continue a few minutes later, this cycle went on for few hours. I was worried the battery would drain overnight, so disconnected the earth connection and left the car overnight disconnected.
    All was fine, until last Wednesday, when the same thing happened, and has continued ever since. Plus, now the doors automatically lock when the ignition is on and we are driving along. When the central locking button on the door arm rest is depressed this unlocks all doors, but the doors lock straight away again. We now disconnect the battery whenever the car is parked.
    I have removed the battery from the remote key fob, no real difference.
    I have checked my owner’s manual for fuse assignment list, way no 6 is designated central locking control unit – but this is not fitted. Way no 38 is designated luggage light central locking, remote fuel filler – 10A, or central locking and interior light 15A, I do have a fuse in this position but it is 1.5A, not 15A may be a misprint as the same error occurs on most of the ways 38 to 43 i.e. out by factor of 10. I have removed fuse 38, central locking does not work, nor the filler flap but interior lights etc continue to work.
    Can anyone confirm if it is acceptable to use the car without this fuse in place. Will this prevent the the system trying to lock and unlock and therefore drain the battery. Can I now leave the battery connected at all times and manual lock the doors. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how it may be resolved without going to the main dealer and costing the earth. The omens are not good having reviewed similar Octavia problems on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get is scanned for faults with VCDS for starters.

Could be a water leak into one of the front door control modules?

0 0 0

3. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    Get is scanned for faults with VCDS for starters.

Could be a water leak into one of the front door control modules?
    Hi Issac

Many thanks for your response.

Probably best if I obtain the services of an auto electrician, rather than go to a main dealer.

Thanks again.

mawb

0 0 0

4. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just find someone near you with VCDS who can scan it for you for nothing!

Check the location thread on here for someone near you.....

0 0 0

5. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got the same problem and its only started happening since the bad weather

0 0 0

6. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mawb,

Have you managed to make any progress with this, only my 03 Octavia Elegance TDI has just started doing this too. I have virtually identical symptoms, summarised as follows:

• The car locks itself (whether in use or stood dormant, ignition off et al) without any human intervention whatsoever. When it does this, generally any attempt to unlock it results in the car immediately re-locking itself.
    • When already locked and red LED on door is flashing, all of a sudden (again without any deliberate external trigger) it will occassionally go through a cycle of repeatedly going into Safe locked mode (i.e. red LED off, so not deadlocked), then a number of seconds later coming back out of Safe locked mode (i.e. red LED flashing again, so re-deadlocked).

Incidentally, car battery voltage is all fine (checked that already), so it's all really annoying. I currently have the battery earth lead disconnected but will try taking the central locking fuse out (if I can get it to lock in Safe mode without the deadlocks!). That will hopefully at least enable me to still safely lock (and therefore use) the car.

Please can you post an update when you manage to make progress with yours.

Also, if anybody else reading this can shed any light on where to start looking to sort this, please advise - all input gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Lampman

1 0 0

7. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive found that if i unlock the rear door and open it before it locks then unlock it while open all doors stay unlocked

0 0 0

8. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Funny you should mention that, geoffrocks. However, with mine, if I am quick enough to open the driver's door when attempting to unlock the car, then keep the (driver's) door open, the self-triggering locking stops completely for as long as the door is open. However, if I try the same trick with any other door, the central locking still re-locks itself.

Obviously, keeping the driver's door open all the time is not the answer. I have taken the central locking fuse out now, but interestingly the boot lock motor still has a tendency to self-lock, albeit after anything up to a couple of minutes. Acc to the (not very good) schematic diagram in the workshop manual (i.e. the one produced by a well-known publisher that will remain nameless!), the boot lock motor appears to be powered direct from the Convenience Unit, separate to the rest of the central locking system. Does this all suggest the problem lies in/with the Convenience Unit? If so, where exactly is the damn thing and do they suffer any specific common ailments (i.e. water ingress, dry joints that can be easily resoldered, etc.)?

Thanks in anticipation for any tips / info,

Lampman

0 0 0

9. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should call it an inconveniance unit, contacted Skoda uk they dont want to know just pass the buck to local dealer, my car is parked on a steep drive wonded if that had anything to do with it as water could get in to the boot door and its possible it could get into the lock

0 0 0

10. Re: Octavia- Central locking keeps locking. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    by the way mine is a 53 Octavia Elegance TDI Estate

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast