Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...)

1. Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Wife has 2008 A4 Cab with Audi Bluetooth/ steering wheel controls. With current Nokia 6230i it works perfectly with full phonebook on the dashboard.
    However phone is on last legs and can't get a straight answer what current phone will provide the same functionality.

For example I linked in my Nokia E51 and no phonebook came up, just basic BT linkage with car :-(.

All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    For example I linked in my Nokia E51 and no phonebook came up, just basic BT linkage with car :-(.

All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    I found that the Audi kit only reads phonebook entries from the SIM's phonebook, not the phones. If you can live with the limited number of entries on a SIM (usually 200) then just copy the phones directory to the SIM. You might need to do some tidy up afterwards as the SIM has limited characters per entry and can't handle multiple numbers per entry either.

What I miss though is the ability to make use of the external antenna. Is it possible to replace the cradle with an antenna coupler so I get the benefit of the better reception from the roof antenna? My E71 doesn't have an socket for and external antenna so it needs to be a coupler.

Pete
    2017 A4 B9 2.0 TFSi S-line S-tronic
    2009 A4 B8 2.0TDi SE Avant (written off by a van )
    2005 A4 B7 2.0TDi SE Avant (gone)
    2002 A4 B6 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant (gone)
    1995 A4 B5 2.6 Sport Quattro (gone)

0 0 0

3. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Wife has 2008 A4 Cab with Audi Bluetooth/ steering wheel controls. With current Nokia 6230i it works perfectly with full phonebook on the dashboard.
    However phone is on last legs and can't get a straight answer what current phone will provide the same functionality.

All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    My wife just swapped her 6230i for a 6303, and it has exactly the same functionality via Bluetooth in her TT. She gets access to the full phonebook (stored on the phone, not the sim).

Hope this helps!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    My wife just swapped her 6230i for a 6303, and it has exactly the same functionality via Bluetooth in her TT. She gets access to the full phonebook (stored on the phone, not the sim).

Hope this helps!

MF.
    How new is the TT because older Bluetooth modules, such as the one in my '05 A4, doesn't see able to read the phonebook from any phone except those on the (very) limited Audi compatibility list - and I've tried a fair number of Nokias and Motorolas.

Peter

0 0 0

5. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi,

The TT is quite new - September 2009. However, the original poster has a 2008 B7, so this should be OK too.

We looked at the compatibility list before buying the phone, and it was too new to be officially supported by Audi. We ended up taking the TT to the phone shop and asking the sales person to link the phone to the car before we would buy it. This way we were able to check whether it had the same functionality via BT as the 6230i.

Regards,

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

6. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Depending on the BT module revision number as to what functionality you get.
    I have revision "M" and only get basic functions, my phonebook does'nt load.
    There is a nokia software update for phones that don't work properly with the newer revisions..
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

7. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post

Hope this helps!

MF.

Thanks for that info- just got rid of my toy 5800 Xpressmusic (possibly one of the worst phones Nokia have made) and bought a matte black 6303, should arrive tomorrow so will let you know how it fares in the B7 A4.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

8. Re: Advice needed: Compatible phone for 2008 B7 A4 Cab (Nokia 62310 is dead...) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    There is a nokia software update for phones that don't work properly with the newer revisions..
    Do you mean the Contact Download Application for the Nokia 610 carkit?

I've tried that and it made no difference. It's also only an option for S60 phones (basically E and N series plus a few other premium Nokias). You can download it here http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...r-kit/software

Peter

0 0 0