0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have worked with a few dipsticks in my time

0 0 0

2. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Black Phantom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    The dipstick tube is fitted to all B8 models,the tube is used for oil extraction and also so the dealer can use the universal dip stick to measure the oil level.
    Regards A8
    Thanks for all the inside info a8. You have to say though, if the dealer finds it necessary to use a dipstick to check the oil why not just fit it for the rest of us to do the same?

0 0 0

3. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Phantom View Post
    Thanks for all the inside info a8. You have to say though, if the dealer finds it necessary to use a dipstick to check the oil why not just fit it for the rest of us to do the same?

Yep, IMPO it's a classic case of "penny pinching"
    Carnut

0 0 0

4. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Am I missing something, my 143 TDI has a dipstick MY08. I am assuming they have removed from MY09 or not an option with TFSI only available on TDI?

0 0 0

5. Thumbs up Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    A8 Tech, Thank you,
    Your assistance is always most welcomed.
    Regards John

0 0 0

6. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone source a dipstick in the UK? Mine also does not have one and we are keen to source one
    A4 1.8 TFSI(160)SE

0 0 0

7. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Talk about resurrecting an old thread!! Well documented-ask your Audi dealer or search Laser tools. You could always search the a4 B8 section for more up to date threads. There are quite a few more recent ones. Think they are about £15.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

8. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks, I was not sure how old this thread was (can't see any dates etc) I have been searching Google without much success and came across this thread via Google. I'll have a look around the forum and if need be ring audi
    A4 1.8 TFSI(160)SE

0 0 0

9. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have the same problem with mine - the MMI is crap. Contacted Stoke Audi last week and asked for a dipstick for my engine. Their response:

We cannot advise fitting a dip stick to your vehicle as it is not factory standard.
    I then asked how Audi techs check the oil level without a dipstick, their response:

We have a special workshop tool for measuring the level of oil in the engine when the vehicle is in for work.
    Yeah, you use a frigging dipstick which you won't sell to the end user! If the MMI actually worked and didn't take so long to register a change in oil level (sometimes days), then fair enough. But the MMI is just absolute garbage! The issue is made worse by the fact that Audi won't recognise the issue and won't sell the appropriate dipstick as they want you to book your car in and charge you an hours labour for the privilege!

/RANT
    Audi A6 C7 Avant - quattro, black edition sline - 3.0 BiTDi
    Audi A3 8PA - quattro, black edition sline - 2.0T

Audi A4 B8 Avant SLine - 3.2 V6 Quattro - now sold

Audi A3 8P - 2.0T Quattro - sold
    Audi A4 B7 Avant - 2.0T - heap of junk, now gone!

0 0 0

10. Re: I have no dipstick! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffylover View Post
    Ok thanks, I was not sure how old this thread was (can't see any dates etc) I have been searching Google without much success and came across this thread via Google. I'll have a look around the forum and if need be ring audi
    Hopefully this will help.http://https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?128736-Dipstick&highlight=Dipstick
    Good luck. There are a few guys on the forum who have fitted them.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast