1. Post rust appearing on wheel arch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi can anyone offer advice , i have a 06 passet and whilst drying it after a washing the my car i noticed rust apearing on the weel arch not happy i contacted V.W and it was in for service last week and when i went to collect my car they told me it is not our problem am i right in thinking it has a cover fr any problems on the bodywork can anyone help me on this current sitution or what i should next please

0 0 0

2. Re: rust appearing on wheel arch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It must have had work done outside VW which is why they are washing their hands of it. You need to ask them why they won’t help as the car has a three year paint warranty and ten (or twelve?) year’s corrosion warranty. I have never seen this so there must be a reason. Where did you buy the car and when?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: rust appearing on wheel arch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It all depends on where the rust has come from - if it's come from the underside of the paintwork, it should be covered by an/the anti corrosion warranty.

I note that it's an 06 Passat - it should be covered by the VW warranty still so you should be ok.

Go to your dealer and talk to them - nicely - and see what they say. If you don't get a satisfactory response, try a different dealer.

If you get no joy, contact VW (Milton Keynes) directly - try going to a proper paint/body shop (not one of those accident repair places) and get them to assess the damage - try to get a written report from them (even if you have to pay for it) and take that to VW/the dealers.

Good louck.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

0 0 0

4. Post Re: rust appearing on wheel arch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It must have had work done outside VW which is why they are washing their hands of it. You need to ask them why they won’t help as the car has a three year paint warranty and ten (or twelve?) year’s corrosion warranty. I have never seen this so there must be a reason. Where did you buy the car and when?
    yeah yor right but i bought the car and if the car has a scret past perhaps it miht just come out and i have had a response from the vw dealer who will inspct the car and i will let youknow the resposne from the dealer to be honest i am disgusted wih v.w and my partner was about to purchse a new v.w polo but on this outcome it is a posive no way

0 0 0

5. Re: rust appearing on wheel arch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Give them chance, times are had and they are nervous. Talk to them and find out why they have refused and see what happens.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0