1. LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to disable the speed limiter on an '05 LT 46. Just about to take delivery of one and will be having it down rated to 3,5 tonne. but usual procedure apparently does not include removong the limiter. so im told. can anyone help?
    Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebucket View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the speed limiter on an '05 LT 46. Just about to take delivery of one and will be having it down rated to 3,5 tonne. but usual procedure apparently does not include removong the limiter. so im told. can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Hi, go and have it remmaped and it will also get rid of the speed limiter ! It will go better afterwards too..

0 0 0

3. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The speed limiter can be set to whatever speed you wish by the dealer via the OBD port.If it's a new vehicle I would expect them to do this as part of the pdi etc.
    To downplate a 46 to 3.5 is only a matter of changing the rear spring mounts and re-testing.
    Why did you buy a 4.6t when you require a 3.5t? The 46 downplated to that will have a pretty poor payload.

0 0 0

4. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colb666 View Post
    The speed limiter can be set to whatever speed you wish by the dealer via the OBD port.If it's a new vehicle I would expect them to do this as part of the pdi etc.
    To downplate a 46 to 3.5 is only a matter of changing the rear spring mounts and re-testing.
    Why did you buy a 4.6t when you require a 3.5t? The 46 downplated to that will have a pretty poor payload.
    Thanks for info. Wanted a van with better stability so went for 46 cos of the twin rear wheels. I use it as mobile workshop, so its allways loaded up. was running a 313 Sprinter before but it allways seemed to wallow about alot. ( not cos its over weight i must add) The LT has a greater payload than the sprinter for some reason so with it down rated it still has a 1.3 ish
    tonne payload. Plenty for me.

0 0 0

5. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh I understand where your coming from with the stability issues.I could never understand why VW & Merc had a 3.5t chassis with single wheel rear axle?
    I worked for a company where we had a very large rental fleet and stopped buying the larger output Sprinters as the could fairly move on but,not the best for stability and customers had a tendency to get them on their side with great regularity and we limited them all to 70mph.

0 0 0

6. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Two options on speed limiter,the old way was for the speed to be limited via the ecu,this could be adjusted by vw dealer but only downwards in terms of speed.If you need to increase speed then a new ecu needed to be fitted.The new way of doing it has tamper proof cables fitted to ecu /speedo and speed sensor on gearbox.This is the latest way to vosa spec (vehicle inspectorate) ,if its been done this way you should have a sticker in one of your footwells or in the cab area somewhere and a certificate would have been issued by the vw dealer.The removal of this kit will de-restict i'd have thought (cant see why it shouldnt but have never done it).

0 0 0

7. Re: LT 46 speed limiter removal. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everybody!
    newby here, sorry if this has been answered allready, but i couldnt find it.
    What channel, etc is the speed limiter on on LT 46? Or is it too much to ask for free?

0 0 0