1. T Reg Passat - Electrical Fault, Remote Central Locking Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have recently bought a T Reg 1.8 Passat the problems i am encountering are as follows:

• Interior lights flicker and sometimes, electric windows and central locking doesn't work, then it just comes back again.
    • Alarm randomly going off when you lock/unlock the car, had to disable it as it got so bad.
    • New fault - just changed battery in central locking key as i thought it was dead because it hadn't been working. New batteries not made any difference, the remote will unlock the car but wont lock it.
    Please could someone give me an idea of whats causing the problems, how serious they are and if you know how i can fix then myself. Thanks!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    its the comfort control module (ccm) its just infront of the passenger seat under the carpet in a black box.....
    it could be faulty or wet or both....
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Steve says, but in the unlikely event of them not being related, my central locking developed a sense of humour and it was this:

http://www.taligentx.com/passat/main...lockmechanism/

Gaz
    0 0 0

4. Thanks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me, i will have a look if there's any damp under the carpet at the weekend. With regard to the remote central locking, it's got a mind of it's own, this morning i'ts worked fine so i don't know what the problem with that is.

Is the damp problem common and how expensive is it to fix? I'm starting to regret buying this car now!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A known problem when it comes to water ingress on the passenger side is the drain underneath the car's battery getting blocked. Water then gets in through the pollen filter. If you're going to look at this, there's a second drain in the scuttle over towards the drivers side.

This has been the topic of much discussion over on UKPassats - fairly certain there's a how-to write up as well.

Gaz
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much for letting me know, it sounds like a difficult job to me as i know absolutely nothing about cars but i will have a look to see if i can spot anything.

I dont know if anyone would know this but how much do you think the car would sell for?

it's T Reg, 140,000 miles (high I know), perfect condition, 6 Cd changer, spoiler, nice alloy wheels, blue/green, full service history.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adriana View Post
    Thanks very much for letting me know, it sounds like a difficult job to me as i know absolutely nothing about cars but i will have a look to see if i can spot anything.

I dont know if anyone would know this but how much do you think the car would sell for?

it's T Reg, 140,000 miles (high I know), perfect condition, 6 Cd changer, spoiler, nice alloy wheels, blue/green, full service history.

I sold my Passat 98 R reg 1.8 20 valve turbo with 166000 miles on the clock for 1600 quid. Had full service history and all the gubbins. Was a little dissapointed.
    0 0 0