1. Replacment Brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Need to replace the disks & pads on my 2.5tdi Quattro, was looking at the EBC discs with the Green stuff pads, don't want the complete Brembo overhaul but though a bit more stopping power might be nice, or am I just as well sticking with the VAG units?

0 0 0

2. Re: Replacment Brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im looking at doing the same,front discs and pads. was looking at EBC ultimax with normal pads,about £210 for the two fronts. Have you priced OEM vag units yet?

0 0 0

3. Re: Replacment Brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not priced them yet hopefully cheaper than that I'm getting 2 new xenons fitted Sat morning I'll have the OEM priced and post it here.

0 0 0

4. Re: Replacment Brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I got EBC discs and pads last year for my car. I wasn't happy with the standard pads, they were still in good order too. I've been very happy with the EBC greenstuff. There is less dust and the cold stopping power is much greater. Other users have said they are awful etc, no good when pushed. I've given mine plenty from time to time and found that when hot they are just as good.

Wear has been good too. Most of the time I drive casual and minimise heavy brake use, but sometimes I have fun... I can't say how they would be on the track, but then again greenstuff isn't designed for hammering every corner, but my experience has been very good.

Only drawback was the bedding in... they liked to squeel at low speed and sometimes now, after pootling in slow traffic they can make a small squeek. Some heavy use soon shifts that.

Paid £115-120 ish for pads front and rear and just new front discs.
    A4 1.9TDI 160bhp Sport - 2001 (51)
    Re-map by more-bhp.
    TT 3.2 V6 DSG quattro 270BHP - 2003 (53)

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. VW Beetle Radio Replacment
    By Remenevelov in forum In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-11-2008, 06:40 AM
  2. Question Brake replacment
    By Mxyeow in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 12:05 PM
  3. Throttle body replacment
    By sigee in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox