Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No. the FPR is integral with the metering head. The old trick of shimming the springs doesn’t work either. Yes in theory it raises the pressure at the injectors but it also raises the pressure at the Control Pressure Regulator by the same amount and increased control pressure equals a weaker mixture. It has to be done by carefully increasing the delivery from each injector by altering the differential pressure screw positions. I do it by clamping the air flow senor plate at maximum height and I measure the delivery of each injector over 30 seconds in to four tall measuring tubes. Then I alter the flow for approx a 20% increase and then even all the flows out, it takes a lot time and is quite dangerous with all the fuel floating around, normally I have a splitting headache afterwards.

The neat way to do this is how we used to do it with the VSAM device. This allowed ignition timing modification at will and would also drive an extra injector. We connected this output to a genuine VW retro fit cat equipped model frequency valve which alters the pressure to the CPR and this could be used to add around 10% more fuel so allowing me to increase the fuelling on the differential pressure screws partly and then trim it electronically. Now the valve is near impossible to find and the VSAM obsolete.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf mk2 16v gti misfire shudder misfire 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, why do you suggest using a KR head instead of a ABF head?

Does this increase of fuelling need to be done? Cheers

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf mk2 16v gti misfire shudder misfire 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paramananthamd View Post
    Hi Crasher, why do you suggest using a KR head instead of a ABF head?

Does this increase of fuelling need to be done? Cheers
    You'll still have to increase the fuelling as the engine's capacity will be bigger, therefore if the fuelling is the same it will be running lean possibly pinking.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf mk2 16v gti misfire shudder misfire 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think the castings are slightly better, my head porting chap thinks the later KR heads (casting 027 103 101 L) are better and if my memory is correct, the temperature sender fittings in the side of the head are different but it is a while since I took an ABF head off.

You can leave the mixture adjustment if you don’t mind detonation and pinking eating away at the engine as has already happened and with 200cc more to feed, it will be even leaner.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf mk2 16v gti misfire shudder misfire 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You can leave the mixture adjustment if you don’t mind detonation and pinking eating away at the engine as has already happened and with 200cc more to feed, it will be even leaner.
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf mk2 16v gti misfire shudder misfire 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Moi!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234