1. a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all. i have replaced the rear axle bushes on my 1.6 a4, but i still get a wobble from the rear end when i hit bad bumps, but not as bad as it was before i replaced them, could this have anything to do with lowered suspension and low profile tyres? there is also a rattle coming from the back of the car when going over bumps, it sounds a bit like the boot floor but i have removed it from the car and the noise is still there. i can find anything lose on back end. any ideas anyone?

0 0 0

2. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Is the lowered suspension springs or springs and dampers? Did you fit new shortened bump stops? How low is it?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a full jamex kit. supposed to be about lowered about 40mm, no i didnt fit different bump stops, the wobble and rattle seem to come from the same side of the car.
    cheers

0 0 0

4. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Well discounting an assembly error (and I have seen some real howlers over the last 25 years) I would think you have a bump stop issue. The ones on your car would have originally been 134-mm long and you need to change them for the 119-mm long versions for lowered cars. You also need the appropriate protective cap. There are two stops and caps to choose from, 1BE sports suspension (slightly lowered) or 1BV 30-mm lowered suspension. These are available from any Audi dealer
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the wobble is a side to side wobble, just like you get when the rear bushes are knackered, if it was the bump stops surely it would be the same on both sides of the car? and it is noticeable on small bumps like drain covers. the rattling is noticeable on every bump.
    cheers

0 0 0

6. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    That strikes me as an assembly error. There is a small ring that slides down the damper shaft which sits on top of the bump stop. This ring can come in two versions, single groove and double groove. The groove is on the inside diameter edge and on single groove versions MUST be placed down onto the thin wire circlip on the damper shaft otherwise the circlip will be ripped off and dragged down the damper shaft, ruining the ring and possibly damaging the damper.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: a4 b5 rear axle bushes 2wd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    problem fixed. it was a shock absorber that didnt return when it was pushed down, this is a new shocker that has been on the car for about 400 miles. a bit of grease on the shocker shaft and its working fine now, not sure it will last long though. going to try and get a replacement one.
    cheers

0 0 0