1. Question Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just fitted new ignition leads & coil pack to my wifes lupo. I used vagcom to first diagnose the faults and clear the codes after repair.
    I now have the engine light coming on. The fault code recorded is 17756 P1348. (open circuit on coil output)
    I can delete the code but it returns as soon as the engine revs at more than 2000rpm.

The vagcom website suggests this may be a faulty ignition module but the car runs perfectly
    The parts fitted are pattern parts purchased from europarts.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can stop the engine light coming on?

Barry

0 0 0

2. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Year and engine code?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Year 2003
    Last edited by barhardy; 16-09-2008 at 07:44 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Actually that is your chassis number (delete it now please) but from that I can see the engine code is AUC which is a 1.0 litre 50PS.

What is slightly odd is that according to both Elsa and Guided Fault Finding (VW systems) that engines ECU cannot generate code 17756, the table jumps from 17752 to 17794. Is your copy of VAG-COM up to date? I have seen similar issues to this with out of date levels, it is constantly evolving so if you are on 409, the current level is 805.1.

That fault code would normally indicate a faulty coil pack and I have seen a few white boxed coil packs be faulty recently, one of which was the 032 905 106 B used on your car, it was wired up incorrectly internally and so if the firing order was arranged as it should be, it would hardly run.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher,
    I am using an old interface with version 409.1 of vagcom. The interface cannot use vagcom after 409.1
    The part number on the replacement coil pack is 413 44 0291.
    The original coil has the number 032 905 106B.
    Do you think I should upgrade my vagcom interface to one of the newer versions which would allow me to use the latest software?
    How sure are you that the old software is causing the problem?

Barry

0 0 0

6. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am not 100% sure the odd code is due to you using 409, I have a copy of that for use with my old serial cable but I only keep that in case all of my three USB cables and both lap tops fail so I can use it with my old clunker of a lap top that doesn’t have a USB port, I simply cannot be without VAG-COM. The only way to tell would be to read your car with a modern USB cable. If you do a lot of work on VW’s it would be worth spending £260 on a proper legal cable from Ilexa, the only people I would recommend.

I don’t recognise that coil pack number.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher,
    It's a faulty coil pack. I refitted the original coil pack to see if it workedand hey presto the light stayed off. I then refitted thenew pattern coil packand thelight came back on.

Theoriginal missfiring must have been due to faulty ignition leads as I replaced both leads and coil pack at the same time.

I will now try to see if europarts will accept return of the coil pack.

Thanks for your advice you seemto know your stuff.

Barry

0 0 0

8. Re: Fault code 17756 P1348 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It’s not the first time, I will only fit genuine or at least known brand such as Beru.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0