1. Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have read a good bit on here about climate controls staying on Auto and Econ at the same time and mine's just doing that so off to get it checked for gas etc on Monday. However, it was working on Sunday (like a fridge) on the way to getting the cambelt changed. The problem has arisen since then.

In another thread, someone mentioned that sometimes a connector can get dislodged when replacing the cambelt? Any advice on this would be great, especially where the connector's located! Thought it could be good to check prior to shelling out £70 on Monday.

The dealer who did the belt advises me that they didn't touch the aircon side of things, but are very keen to find out what the problem is just in case they've accidentaly done something. would go to them but a long trip and just can't get the time at the minute!

Thanks in advance for all help!

Andrew
    0 0 0

2. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The front of the car was been moved forward on extenders to access the timing belt and they may have either disconnected something or in fact damaged the heat exchanger , this could be expensive, very expensive. Regards Peter
    0 0 0

3. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Peter

hope not! It's always tricky with one of these potential "it was working when I brought it in to you" type things, as as soon as you mention that you get the kind of "oh yeah really?" look......

Will have to hope for the best in the mean time and see what turns up before applying for another mortgage....

Cheers

Andrew
    0 0 0

4. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine has always been like that. As far as I’m aware the auto light indicates that the fans and direction of the blowers are set to automatically sense where and how strong to blow. The econ light purely indicates if the CC is on or not with the Econ light indicating that the CC is off.

Hope this helps
    0 0 0

5. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My aircon went after a timing belt change too,
    the conector from the aircon compressor wasnt just disconnected, it had been ripped apart pulling the wires out of the connector.
    Replaced the connector and aircon is back working again.

The connector i had to change was on the wires that come from the back of the compressor. the wires come from on top of the compressor and are less than a foot long before you see the connector after this connection the wires run off to the front of the car which i presume is how they get seperated when the timing belt is done.
    hope its just something like that in your case too.
    0 0 0

6. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all! Off to have a poke about under the bonnet and see if I can see a loose connection. Will post back.
    0 0 0

7. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What car do you have. Model, year and engine code. It's eitherin the handbook/service schedule or on the label in the spare wheel bay. Regards Peter
    0 0 0

8. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aha ! Problem solved..

Had a look for stray wires etc but could see none (Allroad 2.5 Tdi 05 plate btw, sorry new to all this but tring to learn !). Then, towards the front of the engine bay there's a cover by thepower steering reservoir. Two plug in terminals under there (I thought for the diagnostics kit...) but No! There were two equally big sockets there missing their friends the plugs.....

Plugged both in, engine on, Econ light off, Auto on and the fridge is back.

Guys, couldn't have done it without you

Cancelled re-gas and off to call the Audi main dealer who did the cambelt....

Big big cheers

Andrew
    0 0 0

9. Re: Climate Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Glad you managed to sort it.I had exactly the same problem on my Allroad and like yourself the problem manifested itself post cambelt change.Unfortunately main dealers appear to make these mistakes far too often.
    djl
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRanson View Post
    Aha ! Problem solved..

Had a look for stray wires etc but could see none (Allroad 2.5 Tdi 05 plate btw, sorry new to all this but tring to learn !). Then, towards the front of the engine bay there's a cover by thepower steering reservoir. Two plug in terminals under there (I thought for the diagnostics kit...) but No! There were two equally big sockets there missing their friends the plugs.....

Plugged both in, engine on, Econ light off, Auto on and the fridge is back.

Guys, couldn't have done it without you

Cancelled re-gas and off to call the Audi main dealer who did the cambelt....

Big big cheers

Andrew
    '12 Audi A4 Allroad 2.0 TDI 'CGLC'
    '11 VW GOLF BLUEMOTION 1.6 TDI. 'CAYC'
    '07 VW T5 TRANSPORTER T32 ,,,,,, 'BNZ'
    '91 VW GOLF SPORTLINE CABRIOLET 1.8 GTI. 'DX'
    0 0 0