Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello there,

How much oil is required to fill a 2.0L(BKD) Tdi Gt Tdi 140 Golf?

When I purchased the oil from the main dealers the other day I did ask and the chap behind the counter but he was not sure, however he said I would have enough for a top up(I'm now going down the road of fixed oil changes using quantum platinum fully synthetic 5L oil changes every 5K).

Before anyone says fill it until you reach the max mark I will have to say this dip stick is the worst design I have come across to read. With fresh oil (I did use a engine flush) it is difficult to view the mark.

Why could the just not leave it like my wifes 1.4 polo (it's just a simple to view the oil level), instead of this arrow head type design.

Cheers,

Dan

0 0 0

2. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I dont know the extact figure... (I will find out for you) but I put just over 4 litres in the other day following an oil change.

Rick

0 0 0

3. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Rick that would be good if you could find out

Cheers,

Dan

0 0 0

4. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haynes Manual says 4.5 L and that's what I've stuck!
    VW Golf Mk5 GT TDI 2.0 (140bhp)
    Black, 07 plate, goes faster when clean! Looking to replace but not sure what with..

0 0 0

5. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the handbook states 4.3L

Depends how much you managed to drain out I guess as you'll never get it all out. but 4.3-4.5 should see you right.

0 0 0

6. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'll think you'll find it 3.75 ...It is on mine :P

Also you'll find most oil containers are 4L one now so that would be really annoying having 4.3

EDIT: yes the dipstick is a little annoying. but not as much as the fuel filter

Edit 2: you don't need to use an engine flush, VW do not recommend it.

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

7. Thumbs up Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the replys regarding the oil.

One thing I would say regarding oil flushing, I've had problems with a previous Audi A4 tdi 130pd. It had full VAG service history (long life super expensive stuff). As soon as it had an oil service (@168K) it started to make a tappety noise then 1K after that the tappet shattered and killed the top end. Audi were not interested with this problem I found myself with even though it had all correct VAG history and parts used.

Mmmmmmmmmm after having the engine stripped it was quite obvious what had happeded, the oil-way feeding that hydraulic lifter became blocked with years of sludge resulting in the knackered top end.

You would think that putting brand new oil in would stay clean for a few hundred miles let alone seconds after replacing old for new, so why is it black as soon as the oil & filter has been replaced ( just as black as the old oil that has just been dumped out)?
    Answer is because collecting up in the sump is sludge and c**p that has collected up during the life of following the "long life oil services" (they should be called shorten engine life oil service).

So speaking from my own experience don't get sucked in with longlife oil services they just spell trouble (trust me I'm £1500 worse off because of it).
    The special cleaning agents developed by oil manufactures just is not up to it in my opinion (as well a the opinions of several of my mechanic friends).

I would rather take my chances with a good quality engine flush (Forte or such like) and replace my oil sooner rather than later using a fully synthetic quantum VAG oil, trust me this is by far the cheaper option.

I know some one will say engine flush can knacker a turbo but to be honest it can't be any more damaging than to run a engine for 15mins with it in than running a engine with nearly 18 to 20K mile old oil in it.

I hope that my comments will not offend anyone here.

Rant over

Cheers,

Dan

Ps I spoke to a Vag dealer who said the oil required to fill it up is 3.8Ltrs

0 0 0

8. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzoff View Post

I hope that my comments will not offend anyone here.
    Not at all, all opinions welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzoff View Post
    Ps I spoke to a Vag dealer who said the oil required to fill it up is 3.8Ltrs
    See I was right

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

9. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bugger, guess I'd better burn some off then
    VW Golf Mk5 GT TDI 2.0 (140bhp)
    Black, 07 plate, goes faster when clean! Looking to replace but not sure what with..

0 0 0

10. Re: How much oil? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, haynes manuel says 4.5 litres, which i put in when i did an oil change.this brought it up to the right level on the dipstick.so is it 4.5l or 3.75l ? 750 ml seems a big difference either way, could it not dammage if over filled?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast