Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I've got a 55 plate Passat and I am looking at changing the factory fit stereo. Can anyone tell me an easy way of removing the trim around the head unit so I can get to the mounting bolts? I'm presuming that it's just held with clips but I don't want to force anything and cause damage.

PS. Does anyone also know if there's enough room behind the head unit to fit the two parts of an IO Play bluetooth kit???

Thanks
    You own a Boxter - makes you wish you'd worked a bit harder and could afford a 911....

0 0 0

2. Re: B6 Stereo removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi spiderlover,

I asked this question the other day and did it for the first time, its easy.

Pull at the bottom of the trim(near the airbag warning light)
    dont pull hard as the warning light has a wire attached, i think its best not to remove it, certainly dont turn on your ignition

Just carfully keep pulling up til all the trim is off.

The stereo is held in by 4 screws, star type and it pulls strait out

As for the space behind i had a phone kit adapter behind the stereo and it was a pain to squeeze it all back in, but it went in the end.

Hope this helps
    Danny

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. a4 stereo
    By nskeates in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
  2. Question Stereo removal keys
    By coolio in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:01 AM