Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys, can any one help?

I have a golf gt tdi 115 2000 i disconnected the battery to put a new bulb in and when i reconnected the battery and switched the engin on my ASR warning light and ABS light have come on and will not go of now. Any ideas what the problem could be.

I have allready disconnected the battery for half hour or so but no luck.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem. What I found was the fuse unit that sits on the battery has a connector that partially unplugged. This must have happened when I pried it out of the way to replace the battery. It caused the ABS and brake fluid level warning lights to turn on. Resnugging the connector caused the lights to go off.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This has just happened to me while changing the air filter...

There is a small connector that plugs in to the main tube connected to the air filter and i removed it to take the filter lid off and forgot to re-connect it. When restarting the car and the abs light was on, but when i connected it back up it stayed on and thought i would have to get the fault removed from the ECU. But i turned the engine off re-connected the cables and went shopping (i feel this is the key to it working) when i came back and started the car the light was off.. (car was off for an hour)

Maybee you have nocked this connector while removing the battery lid or the fuse unit that sits on the battery has a connector that partially unplugged as said by Bernie Gorski.

I don't know if this is any help but i can try

Thanks
    SanderCH...

Broken Bones Will Heal, But Pride Is Forever
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    this thread may be of some use to you, i know the OP is stating a traction control and ABS light, but could be a similar fault?

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//...ead.php?t=1887

0 0 0

Exmouth, Devon, UK. Drives Bonkers Fabia Diesel. Has full VCDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a wiring issue where one of my ABS sensors wasn't working right, and it kills the whole ABS / ASR system. The ECU should tell you where the problem lies. It can be a bit annoying to have 2 key safety systems taken down by one sensor, but with all the traction/ABS being related, I guess there's no choice in the matter.
    Jason - Rather mad Skoda Fabia driver.... Odd whiff of diesel coming from him.
    260bhp Skoda Fabia TDI Dyno Run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvjJjL7Z50
    315bhp Skoda Fabia TDI Dyno Run (2013)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE4nbT5NGY
    0 0 0