Hi Guys, I have a 2006 Passat 170 TDI 170 and have just bought a kenwood double din stereo unit for it. I also bought a can bus adapter and everything is fitted and working sort of fine.

Problem is that when I put the key into the ignition accessory position the stereo works for about 45 seconds and then shuts down (same time as the mileage on speedo goes blank. It will then turn back on again if i open the door !!

If the key is in the ignition mode then the stereo works fine.

The radio turns off when I turn the ignition off and the dimmer on the stereo dims when I turn the lights on and the radio also senses when I put the car in reverse (although I don't have a camera) so the can bus adapter appears to be working.

Question is can the can bus system be reprogramed to keep the radio on when the key is in the accessory position?

If not, are there any electricians who can advise me what to do please. I want to be able to turn the stereo on and off when no key is present and for it to shut down when the car goes into enconomy mode, but I also want to be able to turn the radio on and off with the ignition. A bit like the standard radio if that makes any sense.

Thanking you all in advance.

Neil