1. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I’ll agree to a point but there are times that a scan tool and provided possible fault codes are just not enough to prove a failed component.

We use this test to verify failures when corrupt data is suspect in one or more components. Adaptations were followed.

• Disable the immobilizer in the ECM, that proves the ECM is active.
    • Re-enable the immobilizer in the ECM and retest the PIN in both the ECM and cluster. Adapt all keys and passed. Still a no start but with key failure faults.
    • This is where the process of elimination takes effect. Replace the instrument cluster with a used unit and adapt back into the system. Establish all keys, test passes and no faults.

The solution was to rewrite the corrupt data in the original instrument cluster and adapt back into the original system. This test passed.

More than ever now, we see power supply faults creating this problem of corrupt data with inconsistent faults. Remember when VW and Audi recommended “if a more than one controller required replacement, all components required replacement”. We all know that’s not true and writing the correct data will allow individual components to be replaced and adapted.

Personally, I have done Immobilizer OFF solutions but in very unusual circumstances.

• To test the ECM is active
    • To allow an active ECM in older body styles
    • To allow a stand alone engine to be active without an immobilizer

This is only good to ME7 and the MED9 systems are a way different game.
    "God didn't play dice with the universe" Einstein
    "there are no answers, it's the choices that are made" AF

Don't PM me for help, I don't answer them! If you're unable to post the details like year, make, model with a scan, I can't help you.

0 0 0

2. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's useful on EDC15 and 16 too. MED9 has been done but it's not the sort of thing you can do in 5 minutes.

0 0 0

3. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes that is true also and very effective as a test or again a stand alone without any other immobilizer component.
    "God didn't play dice with the universe" Einstein
    "there are no answers, it's the choices that are made" AF

Don't PM me for help, I don't answer them! If you're unable to post the details like year, make, model with a scan, I can't help you.

0 0 0

4. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greeny122229 View Post
    it is possible... and takes roughly 1 - 30 mins - only works pre 2001 though
    Do you know how to disable it on a 1995 T4 Caravelle? For different reasons the immobiliser has had to be unblocked by VW van centre 3 times in the last 5 years (after different electrical faults). It's now blocked again after the main earth strap to the body broke and stuck on the drive and I just want to get moving.

0 0 0

5. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too have a 1995 t4 with immoblizer issue. One or more times it starts and dies in 1 to 3 secs. I carry a vagcom and reset. Has one of two codes,
    17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
    P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    or
    01177 - Engine Control Unit
    65-10 - Unauthorized - Intermittent
    In both cases, clear codes, do save in adaptation and start up.
    Quite a pain. In Seattle, WA and T4's here don't have them. Can I disable?
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul

0 0 0

6. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which engine does the vehicle have

0 0 0

7. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, 2.5L petrol

0 0 0

8. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not as simple as the diesel i'am afraid,but there are certain companies that can do it,which means you will have to send the ECU to them.

0 0 0

9. Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had my ecu decoded immobiliser bypassed by vagtronics in stoke on trent in a similar car and have used this company many times after A1 service everytime the guy knows his vag ecus inside out, give him a try.

vagtronics.co.uk
    immo-off.co.uk

0 0 0

10. Smile Re: Possible to disable immobilizer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmbuster View Post
    Before thinking about the Immobilizer, your scan indicates a low battery issue. Low battery output and high stater current draw will affect the immobilizer. Test the battery, B+ and B- connections. Test the alternator for AC ripple. High AC ripple will also affect the Immobilizer and inter-connecsystems. Can the Immobilizer be disabled? Yes it can directly inside the ECM. As for car thieves doing this, so does the dealer, just to solve one problem. I guess that known feature makes them a thief as well. The Eeprom can be adjusted to indicate an Immobilizer OFF status. That is a good test but I would re-enable the status after correct repairs.
    I really like to know how to disable it step by step because we don't have those hi-tech scanners in Nigeria pls

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast