Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 1999 V6 2.5 TDI A4 SE - Will not start HELP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 1999 V6 2.5 TDI A4 SE - Will not start HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is my partners car, she was driving to see her parents the other day and the engine just cut out and all the dashboard lights came on. Had the car recovered and am trying to repair. Prior to this failure the car has been running fine uses a little oil but to be expected for a car thats done 128K Symptoms 1) Car turns over with no problems and glow plugs illuminate. 2) Fuel filter is full of diesel 3) There is a slight air bubble in the pipe that runs from the fuel filter to the injectors but this moves when the engine is turned over. 4) Injectors have been loosened and diesel is being pumped out through them. 5) It appears to be a fuel starvation problem. 6) no warning lights of any description on the dashboard. Things checked / replaced so far 1) Diesel in tank - yes 2) Immobiliser light illuminates and then goes off after a few secs - yes 3) Fuel filter replaced - yes new one fitted yesterday 4) Fuel tank fuel pump - replaced with new genuine unit yesterday My mechanic mate and me are now scratching our heads trying to work out what is the problem. ? Where is the OBD port on this model, as we know someone who has VAGCOM testing kit. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure about your problem but the odb port is located nect to the rear passenger ashtray. click link.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/dlc.html#96audi

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine has done exactly the same. Can anyone help?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by triman View Post
    This is my partners car, she was driving to see her parents the other day and the engine just cut out and all the dashboard lights came on. Had the car recovered and am trying to repair. Prior to this failure the car has been running fine uses a little oil but to be expected for a car thats done 128K Symptoms 1) Car turns over with no problems and glow plugs illuminate. 2) Fuel filter is full of diesel 3) There is a slight air bubble in the pipe that runs from the fuel filter to the injectors but this moves when the engine is turned over. 4) Injectors have been loosened and diesel is being pumped out through them. 5) It appears to be a fuel starvation problem. 6) no warning lights of any description on the dashboard. Things checked / replaced so far 1) Diesel in tank - yes 2) Immobiliser light illuminates and then goes off after a few secs - yes 3) Fuel filter replaced - yes new one fitted yesterday 4) Fuel tank fuel pump - replaced with new genuine unit yesterday My mechanic mate and me are now scratching our heads trying to work out what is the problem. ? Where is the OBD port on this model, as we know someone who has VAGCOM testing kit. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Hi,

I have had many DI pump failures with 2.5TDi's, it will need to be checked with suitable diagnostic equipment. Even if some fuel is being delivered to the injectors, it may not have enough pressure to open them...

If you can find somebody with a 'Boscsh KTS' it would be helpfull as they should have a harness that plugs directly into the DI pump. VAG-COM will do the basics though.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Techniker View Post
    Hi,

I have had many DI pump failures with 2.5TDi's, it will need to be checked with suitable diagnostic equipment. Even if some fuel is being delivered to the injectors, it may not have enough pressure to open them...

If you can find somebody with a 'Boscsh KTS' it would be helpfull as they should have a harness that plugs directly into the DI pump. VAG-COM will do the basics though.
    You dont happen to have the necessary stuff do you? Im only in Braintree and it could save me a fortune if its not the pump (which are £1255 from Audi )

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Drizz,

Yes I have, and I can get a DI Pump much cheaper than that; if it is the pump that is... Is your engine a 'DI TDi' or 'PD' ?

Can you get the car to my workshop in Chelmsford?

Rob

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont know if i can TBH, all i have is a two wheel dolly not a trailer. Its a 1999 A4 2.5TDi V6, thats all i know....

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
    I dont know if i can TBH, all i have is a two wheel dolly not a trailer. Its a 1999 A4 2.5TDi V6, thats all i know....
    Hi Drizz,

2.5TDi will be a DI Tdi, I was not sure as you did not say, I thought it may of been 1.9TDi. A two wheel dolly is fine as long as it is not Quattro. Last time I purchased a DI Pump for 2.5TDi it was around the £650 mark with two years guarantee.

I'll leave you to decide; You can get contact details from my website.

http://www.vwtec.co.uk - see contacts page.

Rob

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds as if the diesel needs to be pumped at the fuel tank, access below the rear seat. Similar to running out of diesel, and this can give a fuel starvation affect.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its a quattro mate hence why i cant drag it. I asked Mr RAC if it was a fuel starvation and he said he has never seen one do it before so doubts it. Another idea i had last night which ill be checking this morning is brake switch. I had a BMW diesel do exactly the same and the RAC said fuel pump but turned out to be the switch. The car thought the brakes didnt work and wouldnt let it run, seeing as all the speakers pop when you turn the key it sounds electrical, so im hoping and preying its something simple!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast