1. Audi A4 Cabriolet Replacing Side Light Bulbs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I am hoping that someone can help. I have a 56 plate audi a4 cab, unfortunately when i recieved the car the saleperson had forgot to order the HID upgrade for the lights, as i had already waited for the car for months (several delays) i decided to just take the car as is. Not knowing that the standard lights are crap.

Anyway i have upgraded the dipped and main beam bulbs to a premium bulb which makes a massive difference, problem is that the new bulbs give off a perfect white light, so when the lights are on full the sidelights look yellow and the main lights look a perfect white. I have looked in the manual and it does not give any instructions as to what types of bulbs the sidelights are and how to replace them. I have tried to take them out but cannot get them to budge.

So does anyone know what type of bulb it is so i can get some better ones and then how do i get the originals out to replace with the new ones.

I know the the main and dipped are H7s someone told me that the side lights are possibly 501 but can some one confirm.

cheers

N
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure on the new shape, but I fitted these to mine along with a HID kit, as you say standard bulbs are OK, but you can't beat Xenons!!
    http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default....ageHistory=cat

As I was fitting the HID kit I removed both headlights as they are easy to remove and its easier to gain access to bulbs. Even with the HL removed the side light bulbs were fiddely to get out, I used long nose pliers. They are just 'pressed' in.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what is involved in fitting HID lights? i presume these are not Xenons?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella65 View Post
    what is involved in fitting HID lights? i presume these are not Xenons?

Yeah, they are Xenons, HID (High Intensity Discharge) is just another name. Basically plug n play. Remove headlights, drill a hole in the cap to feed the wires through and mount the ballast somewhere suitable, hey presto a £850 option for a fraction of the price. The beam spread is excellent and signs are much clearer, makes driving at night less demanding on eye sight.

Do a search for 'Xenon bulbs' and there is some more info on my kit and pics - I can't copy the thread shortcut on this forum, otherwise I could put a link in.
    0 0 0