1. Unhappy T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First time user! Busted camshaft on my T4 year 2000 have manual from Peter Russek. I have a fair idea where i´m going. I have now put the new head in place and ready to bolt it down but have this irritating notion about if the camshaft is set right. How can i be 100% sure that it is the right way up?? I can see before I put it into place that the valves on cylinder no1 are fully closed and I have the crankshaft at TDC.?
    I have been checking around this forum and found a lot of useful info.

can anyone assist me on this camshaft I reckon it is in the right position as I bought it new from the parts store and I reckon if I give it one full turn the valves on no1 would be open just need a little assurance!!!!...............thanks...Denis

0 0 0

2. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The slot in the camshaft on the injection pump end should be parallel with the top of the cylinder head so the setting tool extends over the cylinder head.
    chris

0 0 0

3. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon View Post
    The slot in the camshaft on the injection pump end should be parallel with the top of the cylinder head so the setting tool extends over the cylinder head.
    Yeah i am with you on that but is there not 2 possibilities if I was to turn the camshaft 360%?? there must be up and an upside down......thanks for you prompt reply

0 0 0

4. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi When installing the camshaft No. 1 cylinder cams must point upwards

0 0 0

5. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The slot is not central on the end, its offset so the setting tool will only fit over the cylinder head in the correct postion i.e the slot above the top edge of the cylinder head. Also as 'kenney' has pointed out no.1 cyl cams upwards.
    chris

0 0 0

6. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Yes!!! just small things like that can make life easier...Thanks

0 0 0

7. Smile Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah back again. I´v now tightened down the head and now setting up the timing belts starting with the diesel pump. Found the markings the one thing I can´t seem to find in the manuel is where the marking on the camshaft pulley/wheel to diesel pump should align with i´m guessing it lines up with the edge of the cylinder head. Maybe someone knows where i can see a diagram on better again a photo of the timing marks for the crankshaft camshaft and the diesel pump camshaft. The engine is an ACV 2.5TDI 5 cylinder would be a 2001 model although first registered in November 2000. i can see by the diesel pump. it is a little different from the 2000 model.
    I have been checking the posts here on the forum but no luck yet.

thanks..Denis

0 0 0

8. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Send your e-mail address and i will send you all the info you need

0 0 0

9. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Kenny thanks a lot my email is denis@bog.dk .......kind regards

0 0 0

10. Re: T4 2.5TDI ACV 5 cylinder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just changed the belts on my 1998 T4 2.5TDi ACV engine.

I found a complete lack of information on the web before I started the job so when I finished the procedure I wrote it up here:

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=127761

I also have gathered some additional info if anyone wants it. Send me a message if you are interested.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast