1. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good luck with it Jane. All this environmental crap on cars these days. They are full of electronic bolox, expensive DPF's Catalytic converters, just more to go wrong.

Course to meet NCAP regulations the weight has had to increase which makes it harder for the manufacture to improve economy ..

Where's my old MKIII Cortina oh and 70p a gallon
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though
    0 0 0

2. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i remember something about renault filters? needing to be cleaned at 100k. pop it out and wash it with cold water. well environmentally friendly.
    0 0 0

3. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The damn things gone off again... after a good motorway run. Still waiting for the service team to contact us to book it in... so they can't be that worried.
    0 0 0

4. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Snap, I am a new member with a new blue motion Golf. 800 mile plus DPF has blocked twice!
    In the process building a case against VW and the agent, this car is not suitable for city driving. Please let me know your experiences as the more people with problems of this nature that i discover will help the case and hopefully everybody else in the same situation.
    0 0 0

5. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehabityork View Post
    Snap, I am a new member with a new blue motion Golf. 800 mile plus DPF has blocked twice!
    In the process building a case against VW and the agent, this car is not suitable for city driving. Please let me know your experiences as the more people with problems of this nature that i discover will help the case and hopefully everybody else in the same situation.

I had exactly the same as you, came on a number of times within the first few hundred miles. However, since my last post (28/10/08), I took it for a long drive, the light went out... and hasn't come on since! Not sure why, a friend of mine thinks that it's just settled down. I drive mainly in town (London) and as a community worker, spend nearly all day sitting in traffic, so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will let you know in the New Year.

Happy holidays. Jane
    0 0 0

6. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats the second post ive seen in under a minute urging people not to buy diesels and buy petrols instead, im not going to change no matter what, in fact, im gonna get the mrs one and urge her family to all get one and my family get em serviced properly and you have no problems in my opinion, everything wears out no matter wether its diesel or petrol.
    Subaru broken, sold, Silver Seat Leon Cupra 180 '02' no cupra badge?
    0 0 0

7. Angry Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had the DPF warning light come on today - I wonder if the cold weather and cold starts make a difference. Anyway, I took it for a drive as instructed up and down the A40 at 40mph in 5th and then on the M40 at 56mph in 5th (40mph on a motorway probably a little slow). End result: I've got another warning light - a flashing coil symbol and a message to take it to the garage! Just before getting home, it was also lacking in power for a minute, so I do wonder if the DPF is on its way out. I'm a little reticent to drive it anyway, so wondering if the VW garage will come and collect it?

I have a DSG gearbox, so I am not sure if the instructions are correct for my car since the gear ratios are probably different - but I when I started out the engine warmed up *very* quickly, so I think I was doing the right thing. I'm a bit annoyed as although I drive into the west of London everyday, I do a stretch on the motorway and didn't think I would get this problem. I even drove to Lewes and back at the weekend (140 miles) and would have thought that would clean it out.

Car is a Passat SEL 170 DSG, about 21,000 miles, 2y3m old.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkongstuey View Post
    thats the second post ive seen in under a minute urging people not to buy diesels and buy petrols instead, im not going to change no matter what, in fact, im gonna get the mrs one and urge her family to all get one and my family get em serviced properly and you have no problems in my opinion, everything wears out no matter wether its diesel or petrol.
    I don't think you read the post properly, both of the Golf Blue Motion owners (I'm one of them) said that the DPF lights came on within a few hundred miles.... NEW car. I don't think you can quite put that down to wearing out and making sure it's serviced properly!
    0 0 0

9. Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Btw, my DPF came on today too (but after 2800 miles this time, not 800) and I wondered if it was the cold weather.

indigomm, in my manual (from memory), it says if the coil comes on take it to your garage/dealership.

J
    0 0 0

10. Smile Re: Diesel Particle Filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bought my VW EOS 2.0 TDI SPORT (July 2006) in November 2008 with c.40,000 miles on the clock. DPS warning light has been a recurring problem since then (sometimes every couple of days!).

Although I am able to clear the fault by driving in 5th @2000-2500rpm it sometimes takes about 30 mins which can be major pain.

I had thought that this problem was likely for short-hop drivers but I do at least a couple of 2 to 3-hour motorway trips per week, much of which is in 6th gear.

Any comments on suggestions to drive in lower (4th?) gear at higher revs (4,000?) - I'm not keen...

Dealership just told me they have unearthed a software ugrade related to these symptoms (details to follow) so when I get the car back maybe no more issues?

Any comments / thoughts welcome...
    0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast