Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya,

Recently my VW 1.3CL Polo has been burning WAAYY too much (about 10litres every 30miles). I went to the garage and had a diagnostics. It returned the following:

00515 Hall Sensor G40 - No Signal
    Model; POLO
    YEAR: 1995
    ENGINE: 1.3L CPI =ADX

They told me that it was due to my Camshaft Position Sensor that the car was burning too much. Went to the dealearship to purchase the part, and they told me that my car shouldent even have one of these! Can someone PLEASE help me! Its costing me alot of money in petrol.

Does anyone have any other ideas on why it's burning so much? Anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks for all your help guys!

0 0 0

2. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Temperatur gauge

0 0 0

3. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    They got that fault code because they are muppets and read the codes without the engine running, if the G40 (also known as a hall or impulse sender) sender fails then the engine will not run. Your car does have a G40 sender, the dealers are also muppets. If your car has a Bosch distributor the G40 is available as a spare part under the part number 030 905 065 B and costs £59.14, if your car has a Marelli distributor, you have to fit a new distributor and from VW that is part number 030 905 237 GX and costs £84.60 inc. VAT and comes with a cap, rotor and a two year warranty. The distributor MUST be set up after being swapped by putting the ECU into Basic Adjustment mode and then set conventionally with a timing light or digital timing display.

However, this is all conjecture because I think you have a cooling system problem or sensor problem as “mlulic” says. When you are driving, does the temperature gauge drop down? Have you had an overheating problem in the past or a problem with the thermostat?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm getting the same code, but I have had a heating problem.
    I just resently had the head off to replace the head gasket cause it was blown between cyl 1,2 . put it all together and my cooling fan is not coming on , but the after run is working can any1 help or give me things to check

1995 Jetta III
    2.0L (ABA)

0 0 0

5. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    00515 on an ABA engine???? Don’t you mean “16725 P0341 Camshaft Pos.Sensor Circ. Range/Performance” ?

Remove the plug from the radiator temperature switch and check that you have power on the red wire. If you do, bridge across from the red wire to the red/white wire which should bring the fan onto speed one and the red/black will bring on stage 2. WATCH YOUR FINGERS! I have to say this you being one of our transatlantic cousins; you may sue if you lose a digit!

Check fuses 4 and 19 on the relay plate inside the car and the fuse on the rad fan control unit in front of the water reservoirs bottle.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks crasher

I checked the fuses they are good, but I'll do the wire jumping at work tommorrow. I am a Machanic myself but there is some areas I have trouble with like electricl problems

cheers

Ben

0 0 0

7. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got this code in the diagnostic test and the problem that i get with my car is that when i start it, the car just cuts off. I have to keep trying and when it does start its ok until i switch it off.

0 0 0

8. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Your car is a Polo 6N 95 onwards and you will get that code with the engine not running. You have an immobiliser issue so try the spare key and if that doesn’t help, fit a new key chip reader coil which is around the steering column barrel and easy to do.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40 No Signal - HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have also put a clifford alarm/immobilizer on my polo and was wondering if that could be the problem.

0 0 0

10. Re: 00515 Hall Sensor G40- HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, i have a mk4 1999 and i have a engine problems the car i consuming a lot of fuel and and my rpm i not stable wen the car is in nutral or park it will go up and bown betwen 1000-1500rpm, and it will not pass the 5000rpm so the engine will keep going till it reach the 5000rpm it will never cross it will stuk on it. so the car will run normal if the rpm does not reach the 5000rpm. i put it on a scaner and i got this:
    -00515.hall sensor-g40
    -00282.throttle valve
    -positioner-v60

please reply thanks.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast