Hi, replaced the oil and filter on my 1996 1.8T today, used a genuine Audi filter and the semi synthetic quantum oil (the one in the silver container) draining the old oil is never usually a problem but i usually struggle trying to remove the oil filter, its fairly hard to get to, this time i removed the 3 screws that hold the coolant expansion bottle in place and moved it to the side, it made the job so much easier, with a chain wrench i soon had the filter undone. Does anyone know of a way to remove the filter without a stream of oil running down the outside all over the driveway, in the end i found a plastic bag (no holes in the bottom!) and undid the filter inside the bag. Has anyone else got a better way?. Also i am reading a lot of problems with the oil light coming on relating to a blocked pickup filter, so far mine has been ok, its done 166K miles but has a full Audi history, in its first three years of life it covered nearly 100K, with services every 4 months, is this perhaps why mine has not got blocked? motorway miles and plenty of oil changes, i now change oil every 6 months or 5K since i have owned the car (120K). Any advice on oil blockages greatly received.