Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    BiTdi are all 313PS

My allroad (as expected) is slightly lower MPG than Scotts with averages of 36.5 to 37.5 MPG. I do a fair number of short trips on rural roads with occasional 100 mile motorway trips.
    Long trips on the motorway will give better than 50 MPG is you trundle at 70 - 75 .. pressing on a bit more see's low to mid 40's.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Again, if it's a bi he won't be either of the first two. Now will he?
    Will he not? Is the 320 only one that BiTDI? Obviously by the way you are answering it is.....I didnt know that as I havent looked at either

Out of interest how did your 2ltr get a 75ltr tank as according to Audi they are 73ltr was that an optional extra that you chose?

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    BiTdi are all 313PS

My allroad (as expected) is slightly lower MPG than Scotts with averages of 36.5 to 37.5 MPG. I do a fair number of short trips on rural roads with occasional 100 mile motorway trips.
    Long trips on the motorway will give better than 50 MPG is you trundle at 70 - 75 .. pressing on a bit more see's low to mid 40's.
    Thanks Groucho, I really appreciate your input. Always helpful to hear how different people find real world MPG. Of course its so dependant on how you drive the car and on what roads

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Yes the 320 is BiTdi - although I have to confess I thought it was still 313PS but with a 'short term boost' to 320PS or something.
    So put another way... the "over 300PS" out of the box diesel engines (for A6) are BiTdi (at least right now).
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiNow View Post
    Scott is yours a 3ltr? Also can I ask what type of driving do you do? Is it mainly motorway or A roads or town or a good mixture of all? How many miles have you done now?
    My commute is a mix of rural A roads and city. About 25 miles each way and around 20 miles A road and the rest in town but roughly half and half time wise. I have done 19000 miles so far and the mpg improved over the first 5000 and has now levelled off. As ukgroucho says on a motorway run the economy is incredible - I set my cruise at about 78 (GPS tells me this is about 75) and get close to 50mpg which is almost as good as the wife's A4 2.0tdi.
    Driving in town it really suffers-mid 20s, but I don't do that very much. My mileage has been made up of my commute and some longer runs of usually over 300 mile round trips.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Yup, prior to the facelift all cars had a smaller tank, 60lts from Memory. As I do a few long journeys through France I opted for the optional long range tank.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    My commute is a mix of rural A roads and city. About 25 miles each way and around 20 miles A road and the rest in town but roughly half and half time wise. I have done 19000 miles so far and the mpg improved over the first 5000 and has now levelled off. As ukgroucho says on a motorway run the economy is incredible - I set my cruise at about 78 (GPS tells me this is about 75) and get close to 50mpg which is almost as good as the wife's A4 2.0tdi.
    Driving in town it really suffers-mid 20s, but I don't do that very much. My mileage has been made up of my commute and some longer runs of usually over 300 mile round trips.
    Yes in town or 'making progress' on country lanes - especially with lots of intersections - will pull the MPG down into the low 30s or even 20s but it is a 2 tonne car including passengers etc. I did have one run on B roads where we could, heading from the Welsh coast back to the midlands with my brother as a co-pilot (helping with navigation) where we managed to avoid much of the bank hol traffic and maintained great pace. Whilst it dipped into the below mid 20s for a bit the overall average still came out at 33 mpg for a 140 mile trip.
    Overall I'm seeing 15%+ better than my old C6 A6 3.0TDi quattro avant.. it ran 31.4 to 32.4 overall averages and of course I've moved from a regular avant to an allroad so there are some ride height considerations (which affect the streamlining) and I suspect the body kit costs a bit also. This is reflected in audis published numbers for the allroad vs. a similar avant (or saloon).

Overall I'm delighted with the fuel economy ESPECIALLY when I consider the performance available in the BiTdi compared to the 220bhp (or so) that the C6 A6 I had was producing.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Yup, prior to the facelift all cars had a smaller tank, 60lts from Memory. As I do a few long journeys through France I opted for the optional long range tank.
    I know nobody's asked this, so I'm volunteering it just for comparison.

I get the same max range from my C7 allroad with its smaller (pre FL) tank, as I do from my 80 litred C6 allroad with similar outputs - 245 vs 240PS respectively. I know its not very scientific, but at 620 miles it converts nicely to 1000km.

I'm averaging a displayed 41 MPG over the last 10,000 miles in the C7, but this should improve as the weather warms up. I'd love to know the tips used to see 50+ MPG on motorways as I've never seen higher than mid 40s. Maybe its my slightly offroady tyres or the fact that I use an individual low ride height and not the "efficiency" mode.

In contrast, my C6 is not far behind although considerably looser at 50,000 miles. I'm happy to see over 40 MPG on a motorway trip which equates to something like 37-38 actual.

Either car allows me to do my regular 560 mile round-trip in theory, but I don't like to risk it based on my experience of the inaccuracy of the C6's fuel sender before I recalibrated it.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    I'd love to know the tips used to see 50+ MPG on motorways as I've never seen higher than mid 40s. Maybe its my slightly offroady tyres or the fact that I use an individual low ride height and not the "efficiency" mode.
    70 - 75 mph and everything set to Auto - so ride height drops to minimum. I've tried using comfort mode and it is more comfortable as suspensions stays at level "2" (2 bars off bottom) but it actually hits fuel consumption by a couple of MPG based on some not very scientific tests.
    The runs I've done that gave over 50 mpg I used very little cruise control as there was a lot of traffic so I was just going with the flow - although I don't know how much difference that makes.

1 0 0

10. Re: A6 Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ah. That suggests my speed might not be helping. Its not a speed that attracts attention and anyway, lots of the M6 is restricted to 50MPH just now, so the average is undoubtedly lower than yours. I don't really use CC either except in those sections if the traffic's light so you don't have a problem with "creep". Hopefully it'll improve when I stick the original tyres on. Considered keeping my current ones on, but I just noticed some premature cracking developing in the grooves so they're being returned to the UK manufacturer for inspection. No names yet as I don't want to jeopardise the replacement process but I'm already getting excited by some new rubber...

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12