Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Please help!!

I have an AUdi A3 Quattro 2.0 TDI (BKD) which I brought early last year with an over boost problem and after nercing the boost issue for over 15,000 miles I thought it was about time that I changed the Turbo. However as I was unsure if the car had been remapped and I didn't want to kill the new Turbo I thought it would be a good idea to go along to AUdi and get the ECU updated. So off I go to Audi and the update was done without any issues....

Well i soon noticed that in first and second gear the car had no boost which I put down to the faulty Turbo.

I have now changed the Turbo and the issue is still there.

what I have done so far....

1, I have fitted a vacuume gauge to the actuator vacuume pipe and I can see that there is no drop in vacuume in first and second gear and the vacuume stays at around -20 PSI unlike when in the rest of the gears there I get a change between -20 and -3/5 depending on how I accelerate

2, I have checked all the pipe work for leaks and all looks and sounds OK

3, I have replaced the throttle body as this failed due to age

4, I have changed the Vacuume solenoid

5, I have checked the fault codes which are totally clear

when in the other gears the car flies and pulls like a train with boost coming in around 2,200 revs.

my thoughts on this are that the car had been remapped before I brought it and this issue is due to this

has any one got any ideas that might help or even if it is possible to get an original MAP put back on to the ECU if this is what is causing my problems with first and second gear

Hope this is clear enough

thank you in advance

John

0 0 0

2. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Boost should be coming on instantly or as near as dammit. What exactly did Audi do with the ECU? Did Audi replace the turbo and why was it replaced?

0 0 0

3. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi thank you for your reply

the boost does come in right away in 3,4,5,6 but there is a positive surge in power around 2,200 rpm

the Turbo was replaced due to the old unit having sticky vanes so I thought I would change the compleat turbo which I did myself as I have changed may in the past without any issues

hope this helps

0 0 0

4. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's something not right, perhaps one of the vacuum pipes is collapsing inwards or has a small split but you should have boost as soon as you drop your clog

0 0 0

5. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have checked the pipes and the only thing that might give the same result as a collapsed pipe might be the vacume pipe that goes to the actuator where I cut it when I teed it to fit the vacume gauge IT now has an in line connector to join the 2 ends where the T piece was

I will order some cilicone vacume pipes at the and get them replaced just in case

thank you

1 1 0

6. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    where did you buy the new turbo from.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

7. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    where did you buy the new turbo from.
    Hopefully not from Mr Wong!

0 1 0

8. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol I spend money at audi getting an ECU update so nothing goes wrong with the new Turbo do you really think Mr wing Wong sold me a turbo lol I got it from euro car parts at £680

im sure the new turbo is ok as it did the same on the old turbo but only after the ECU update

1 0 0

9. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    john I got same problem matey , I was experimenting the other day and took the vacuum resivour pipe off it cured it for a while the car drive brilliant

I have an AUdi A3 Quattro 2.0 TDI (BKD) which I brought early last year with an over boost problem and after nercing the boost issue for over 15,000 miles I thought it was about time that I changed the Turbo. However as I was unsure if the car had been remapped and I didn't want to kill the new Turbo I thought it would be a good idea to go along to AUdi and get the ECU updated. So off I go to Audi and the update was done without any issues....

Well i soon noticed that in first and second gear the car had no boost which I put down to the faulty Turbo.

1, I have fitted a vacuume gauge to the actuator vacuume pipe and I can see that there is no drop in vacuume in first and second gear and the vacuume stays at around -20 PSI unlike when in the rest of the gears there I get a change between -20 and -3/5 depending on how I accelerate

when in the other gears the car flies and pulls like a train with boost coming in around 2,200 revs.

my thoughts on this are that the car had been remapped before I brought it and this issue is due to this

has any one got any ideas that might help or even if it is possible to get an original MAP put back on to the ECU if this is what is causing my problems with first and second gear

thank you in advance

John[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

10. Re: Boost problems after ECU update at AUDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive been told it's more than likely the actuator rod length or actuator screw needs adjusting , but if I do tht then warranty for my turbos void ,,, have u solved issues ????

thank you in advance

John[/QUOTE]

0 0 0