Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel44 View Post
    I think it is best that we agree to disagree. The sarcastic comment was a put down and totally unnecessary. This was in this very thread, so you don't need to look very far and to a new member from a well established member!
    If you genuinely believe that one “put down” in this thread constitutes “a poorly supported forum” then I think we will have to agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Thinks, MUST remember to use more smileys, more smileys, more smileys.
    …and we still don’t have that sarcasm smiley

1 1 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Bugger, there goes my chance of a career at the Court of St James's.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Bugger, there goes my chance of a career at the Court of St James's.
    Me too… always fancied a position as a UN emissary

0 1 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ots View Post
    Are we talking about an A6 2.0 tdi?
    Yes, as per my signature
    2018 Q5 S-line 2.0TDi, Daytona, Tour Pack, Technology Pack, Matrix headlights, Advanced Parking Pack, Enhanced lighting pack.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    If you genuinely believe that one “put down” in this thread constitutes “a poorly supported forum” then I think we will have to agree to disagree
    I have to say my tuppence worth.

I could see how a new member, perhaps not forum savvy and maybe a little sensitive could feel that way tbh

Having said that, there's always a lot to be said for the use of emoticons / smileys to put things across.....the written word sometimes get taken the wrong way

As I said before I can fully appreciate that Whippy and others can get frustrated at times with countless threads repeating over and over. That said I've always found Whippy to be a very friendly, helpful and useful member of the forum.
    Apologies as your original thread is now diluted beyond belief with this scenario.

Maybe it's just me but a mpg average of 54 seems really high for such a big car, even assuming you drive like Miss Daisy and do only very easy motorway miles all the time.
    Surprisingly good

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I've done 2,000 miles since new, driving in economy mode on mainly country roads and motorways. I've seen over 60mpg journey average a couple of times but the economy is definitely 10-20% better than similar journeys in my previous 2.0TDi 2012 model. The average figure really shoots up when the coasting option kicks in when you take your foot off the gas when in economy mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Q5 S-line 2.0TDi, Daytona, Tour Pack, Technology Pack, Matrix headlights, Advanced Parking Pack, Enhanced lighting pack.

1 0 0

7. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    My view on the repeat threads is let people do it. This is a forum and involvement in a discussion is a lot better than looking back at old threads.

There are many threads on the most common subjects, doesn't mean people who haven't discussed them before can't now do it. I'm sure there were plenty of threads on mpg way before the start date of 2013, for the so called established members, who are making comments. So how is this any different to their previous contributions?

You don't have to contribute to a thread if you have already contributed to one on the same subject. Why comment on those that are, smiley or no smiley. Just abstain.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

1 0 0

8. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe we should have a single MPG thread stickied and be done with it.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post

Sigged!!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.0 TDI fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well things are still improving with my mpg. Tried running in economy mode today and managed an average of 53mpg which I'm very pleased with. Certainly a vast improvement on the 33mpg I was getting.

I'm on target for 600 miles from my 65l tank :-)
    My Daily: A6 C7 2.0 TDI SE, Phantom Black, Privacy Glass, Advanced Key, Colour DIS, DAB, 4 Zone Climate, Heated Seats, 4 Way Lumbar, Pre-sense Basic, Parking System Plus, Folding/heated Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Rear Side Airbags, AMI, Lighting Pack, Storage Pack.
    My Baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm, Mystic Blue Heated Leather
    Performance figures measured by Stealth: 207.7 BHP | 197.3 lbs/ft |

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234