Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Audi A6 2015 In Depth Review Interior Exterior

Hi guys, does anyone know if Audi plan to bring the A6 1.8T FSI to the UK? See link above

I love the new facelift model A6 but would like a petrol version like the one in the video, and the RS6 is out of the question, so her indoors says.
    I have driven the 190ps 2.0 diesel and was very impressed with its performance, but my annual mileage is very low so I cant justify buying a diesel, that and not been a great fan of diesel cars.
    The trouble is I have an A6 1.8t that I have owned for the last 17 years, it runs as good now as it did when I first bought it, but She’s looking a bit tired and I feel its time for a change.(That’s the car I’m talking about not her indoors)
    I have looked at the A5 Sportback and A4 saloon but they don’t compare to the luxury feel you get in the A6.
    The A6 in the video is a TFSI Ultra and the guy says is a 1.8t with 190bhp. I would be interested in the feeling towards this model and if there would be anyone out there keen to buy if it was introduced to the UK.
    HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THESE ???

0 0 0

2. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff4e View Post
    Audi A6 2015 In Depth Review Interior Exterior

Hi guys, does anyone know if Audi plan to bring the A6 1.8T FSI to the UK? See link above

I love the new facelift model A6 but would like a petrol version like the one in the video, and the RS6 is out of the question, so her indoors says.
    I have driven the 190ps 2.0 diesel and was very impressed with its performance, but my annual mileage is very low so I cant justify buying a diesel, that and not been a great fan of diesel cars.
    The trouble is I have an A6 1.8t that I have owned for the last 17 years, it runs as good now as it did when I first bought it, but She’s looking a bit tired and I feel its time for a change.(That’s the car I’m talking about not her indoors)
    I have looked at the A5 Sportback and A4 saloon but they don’t compare to the luxury feel you get in the A6.
    The A6 in the video is a TFSI Ultra and the guy says is a 1.8t with 190bhp. I would be interested in the feeling towards this model and if there would be anyone out there keen to buy if it was introduced to the UK.
    HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THESE ???
    Don't have a definite answer for you but I think it is very possible that they will given the current backlash against diesel from those that previously had encouraged us to buy them. All it needs is a few major fleet managers to decide that they will no longer buy diesel cars and manufacturers will be falling overt hemselves to plug gaps in their petrol range. Likewise if the current CO2 based personal taxation is changed then that could also make a difference. Remember that Audi is on the point of announcing the new A4 (Geneva in a couple of weeks?) and it can be assumed that it will take many interior styling clues from the A3 and the A6

0 0 0

3. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    What would swing another A6 for me would be a 3.0lt straight six normally aspirated lump. Not gonna happen though, not in my lifetime.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

4. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I think the only way to get a petrol engine, apart from S and RS models, is to get an A7. It's just an A6 hatchback!! Unless you want the space, waiting for the A4 is a good shout.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When I saw the thread title I thought is was another thread about the look of the rear end of the vehicle.

Tell me I'm not the only one.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 1 0

6. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Nope, sorry, just you.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 2 0

7. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bring the 3.0TFSI to the UK again I say!

1 1 0

8. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was reading the last copy of Audi magazine again the other day and they are very upbeat about the continuing use of their diesel engines and even more advanced technology well into the future.

That may be so, but as been said government and public opinion seems to be increasingly against diesels. It is only in its infancy, but you have to wonder with the more advanced forced induction petrol engines and hybrids etc. what the future holds for diesels as regards their use in cars?

If they do use a small petrol engine in the A6, why use the 1.8 when a 2.0 litre is available? I have one in my TT and whilst it is great in that I'm not sure it's the best bet for a car as big and heavy as the A6. The 2.0 tfsi is supposed to be very torquey but it doesn't feel like that to me, I find that I have to give it some revs to get it to go, after which it does, very well!

But that is not the characteristic that you want in a car like the A6, you need plenty of low down and mid-range. I suppose the engine would be mapped to give a different response in an A6 to a TT though.

I'd like a bigger petrol engine as well as I'm a lower mileage user now but a 3.0 litre V6 ain't going to happen. I guess that will though is that they will do a version of the A3 e-tron but with a more powerful engine but the success of cars like that depend on how long the government will continue to subsidise purchase/the cost of the technology comes down and whether the general public overcome their concerns about the life of the batteries and their replacement cost.
    2014 Samoa Orange TT Roadster 2.0 TFSI Black Edition & 2015 Petrol Blue Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI ~ Now Gone - 2013 Daytona Grey A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic Black Edition

0 1 0

9. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Smaller forced induction petrol engines backed up with electric motors to start, moving toward the engine playing a backup role to the batteries. When the battery technology moves on so much that weight is reduced, charging time reduced and capacity/range increased, then the internal combustion engine will start to die off.

0 0 0

10. Re: I love the new facelift A6 but! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westyfield2 View Post
    Bring the 3.0TFSI to the UK again I say!
    Agree 100%

I've got a 2012 3.0 TFSI and I love it. Awesome car. Of course I'd love a 4.0TFSI V8 even more.

Until recently I had a 5.0L V8 Porsche 928, but fuel consumption was getting silly with a 55 mile commute. My A6 has almost as much power with 50% better fuel economy, and is actually quicker 0-60 than the 928. It's also far quieter, more comfortable with more toys and better built (OK, the 928 was 23 years old, so maybe not a fair comparison).

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast