1. A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i currently have an 2008 A4 which i love but is no longer big enough to transport all the stuff that we need to carry (2 kids, bikes, dog etc) so an avant seems to be the logical and with the level of kit that comes as standard on the A6 it again seems to be the sensible choice.

That leaves me with the engine decision. My local Audi dealer is trying to suggest that a 2ltr tdi will be more that adequate and that i won't notice a difference to the A4 2.7tdi that i currently drive. I had always thought of the 3.0 tdi, even the non-quattro version.

Is there any reason why i should choose the 2ltr over the 3 ltr? From the mpg and road tax there is nothing in it.

Is there any known issues with either of these engines (i'm looking late 2011 early 2012)?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    The 2.0l is excellent, however, the 6 pot is smoother and more refined (although heavier) the 245 HP version is superb with only moderate economy penalty. Try the smaller lump first and see what you think. Then it all comes down to the size of your wallet.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that he is probably right that the new 2.0 (depends which version) will not be dissimilar to your old 2.7. I have a 2012 3.0 TDi 245 PS and it is great. I'm not sure that you can get a 2011/12 3.0 that isn't a quattro though?

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What sort of mpg are you getting on the 245 ps? The only reason i'm not 100% convinced on the 3.0 TDI 245ps is the insurance group.
    My 2.7is group 26 and when i got my renewal last nov i asked about the 3.0 A4 and was told that there wouldn't be any increase in premium. The A6 3.0 is a higher group again again so i'd imagine the premium would be higher again.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    You can also go for the 204ps six, fwd multitronic.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Early days for me but upper mid 30s from mixed driving would seem right.

I think it is group 39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    If you want a manual then only the 2.0 will do. Both the 2.0 and 3.0 FWD cars have the multitronic box which on the 2.0 at least seems to deliver poor fuel consumption compared to the promised EU figures and this box has been dropped with the introduction of the Ultra engine and (3.0) the facelift. If you are happy with the multitronic box (presume you may have had it on the 2.7 A4) then make sure it has had a fluid change every 40k miles, failure to do this could lead to expensive failure

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats a wee bit better than the 32.4 that i'm getting from the A4.
    I looked up insurance quotes for the 3.0 quattro and it adds about £100 a year, which all things considered wasn't as bad as i had though it would be.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That was the one i was seriously thinking of Whippy53. A good amount of power combined with the lovely grumble of the V6

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 2.0 tdi or 3.0tdi Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was looking at the same option before i got mine. The 3l TDI is amazing in all versions, quick quiet and smooth. The 2l is a little rougher, doesn't pull away like the 3l does.
    However it's plenty powerful enough for everyday driving, and has better mps and insurance costs.
    Only bit of advise I would say is don't believe the factory quoted mpg's. I can get 50mpg's on the 2l I got, but seriously doubt I will ever get the average 57mpg's quoted. The 3l says it will do average 55mpg's i find this very hard to believe...
    Best bet is to take them both out for a test, back to back and see what you feel happier with.
    Last edited by iain120; 29-01-2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast