Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jay,

It was only ever the spoken direction that went from Miles to KM, the display would always say Miles. The DIS would also show you to take the roundabout the wrong way when it was doing its funny KM switch thing. My display in the dash is the optional extra color DIS, that might be why it looks different or 3D like?

The problem I believe from talking to the master tech actually has nothing to do with the map version, it's the firmware in the RMC unit getting itself all muddled. Audi wanted to make me buy new maps after the fix, but i told them i wasn't happy paying for new maps until i knew the problem was resolved.

The problem is known to Audi and is in their knowledge base, so if you take it to a dealer they should be able to find out about it. The lucky part is getting them to do the update for free, if your out of warranty.

Like I said, mine was done during a service so i did pay for something. I doubt they would just do it on its own free of charge.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Iain

0 0 0

2. Re: RMC Versions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys
    I'm sorry to sound thick......well I am actually a bit when it comes to computing

We have a 2012 A6 is this RMC-EU-P11311 the age of the Sat Nav version.

If so how do we know if there's an upgrade and where do we get it if it's worth it.

The only reason I ask is we were thinking of driving to Italy for a holiday.

Thank you in advance

Andy

0 0 0

3. Re: RMC Versions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Andy,
    To my knowledge there is three different software versions listed, when you access the version information on the MMI.
    Software Version, listed as RMC_EU_PXXXXX (replace the X with your actual numbers). This is the actual software loaded on the MMI to run the whole system, similar to Firmware. Like a smartphone nowadays constantly being update, especially Apple products, like the iPhone. Usually updated to resolve bugs and issues, mine was updated recently as I had the same problem that the Sat Nav guidance voice was announcing distances in KM rather than Miles when all setting where set to miles. In my experience it’s difficult to push Audi to update unless you have a specific issue. Then updates are only performed as part of other work eg, a service. I guess this is due to the fact that the MMI could be “bricked” during this process and then it would be a whole new system being installed costing the dealer a lot of money if they caused the issue.

Navigation database version, listed as PXX-XX-XX.X (again replace the X). This is the version of the Maps you have installed. I have been told by several dealerships these are update every one - two years, with 2015 to be released in March. You would pay for this, like you would for the latest TomTom maps. It is also expensive, you purchase the Map as a part from the Parts Desk about £150, then you have to book a Service slot for them to activated. Now I just don’t get this bit, I called a few dealers and was quote 30-60 minutes labour to activate the Maps, none would do it for free considering I’m purchasing the Maps from Parts. Each dealer told me that the Service cost was to complete a download which does take 30 minutes, so what the hell was I buying then from Parts. I never got a straight answer. If they had just said from the beginning it £300 from Parts, with free activation, job done. Now I drive for a living across the UK, I’m using the 2014 maps and even they are atrociously inaccurate. In my opinion, not worth the money, having wanted an integrated Sat Nav in the car I paid the money.

Bluetooth software version, listed as X.XX.X (again replace the X). This is the software/firmware version of the bluetooth hardware.

My Software updated from RMC_EU_P11096 to RMC_EU_K13646
    My Navigation Maps updated from P11-50-10.6 (Europe 2011) to P24-50-13.06 (Europe 2014)

Hope that explains
    Jay

1 1 0

4. Re: RMC Versions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jay

Thank you for tasking the time for the in depth reply.

I did contact my Audi dealership today and yes £300 gets you an update. He said Audi have to buy the maps ???? then install on their software hence the cost.

Think Ill stick to my good old AA Atlas.

Thanks once again

Andy

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12