Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys.

I have seen on here that it seems to be quite a common fault on this engine and year and audi have a fix in place to sort it out. Ecu update and eventually piston ring replacement.

I bought my car through the car shop and took out an extended RAC warranty.

My question is to the guys that have had their car sorted that wasnt through a main audi dealer, how much hasstle did you have ? My car is going in tomorrow as the passenger side heated mirror is no longer heating so i am going to mention the oil usage when im in.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my car through an Independent Audi dealer, I have to say they were great and paid the labour for the rebuild with Audi paying the parts.

Some others I think have had more of an issue. Technically no matter where you bought the car from it's an Audi problem. Good luck tomorrow.
    2009 A4 2.0 TFSI Avant S line, 2007 TT 3.2 V6 Roadster, 2006 VW Golf 140 TDi, 2003 A4 1.8 quattro Convertible, 2005 A4 2.0 TFSI, 2001 A3 1.8T sport, 1989 Golf GTI

0 0 0

3. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my car back and they said it was just a dirty connection which the have cleaned up so hopefully the heater mirror is working again.

With regards the oil consumption the car shop called audi swindon and they told them that its a common fault, only problem is that the car shop say that my car needs to go to audi as they cant do it. So im waiting on a call back from swindon audi service to see how much an oil consumption test is. What is actually involved in the consumption test?.
    Next step is trying to get my rac warranty to cover any work needed, has anyone with an rac warranty had any luck with them?

0 0 0

4. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgie7 View Post
    What is actually involved in the consumption test?
    Drain the oil. Weigh the kegs of fresh oil. Fill the engine. Weigh what's left in the kegs, that tells the technician the weight of oil that's gone in the engine. Seal sump plug, dipstick tune and filler cap with tamper-proof seal. Give back to customer to drive around for 620 miles (1000km). Bring it back into the workshop, drain and weigh remaining oil. Calculate consumption.

if oil level light comes on at any time during the test, take straight back to workshop as it has failed consumption test in any case.
    MY2009 A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Convenience Key, Sunroof, Adaptive Lights, Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors, Rear Sun Blind, Heated Full Leather with Memory, Storage/Light Packs, Audi Hold Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking System Advanced, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS. MMI 2G with B&O Sound System, DAB Radio, DVB TV, AMI and Bluetooth Phone prep High with Privacy Handset.

0 1 0

5. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

1 1 0

6. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update. The car is in for an oil consumption test 1 and a mot. He mentioned the software update and replacing a breather valve?. Hopefully it will sort it out as i onlt manage 340 miles since my last top up before the oil light came on..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wedgie7; 27-01-2015 at 05:32 PM.

0 0 0

7. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It looks as though there's an increase in 100% contribution from AUK for the rebuild.

I had the breather valve replaced on my car after the emissions light came on. Apparently it controls the oil and air flow...which I'm only speculating, but think its related to the oil issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    (14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black
    Gone: (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

0 0 0

8. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed over the weekend that the oil level had dropped on the mmi. I went in today to book it in for the second part but they managed to do it today. Needless to say it failed ( i had covered less than 200 miles since it began) and needs a rebuild. Now to wait and see what audi uk offer

0 0 0

9. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfool View Post
    It looks as though there's an increase in 100% contribution from AUK for the rebuild.

I had the breather valve replaced on my car after the emissions light came on. Apparently it controls the oil and air flow...which I'm only speculating, but think its related to the oil issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hope your right buddy.

Swindon audi redid the consumption test and no suprises in it failing again. They have asked for the service history so that they can send it off to HQ. Here's hoping i get a call saying that audi uk are picking up the tab 100%.....

0 0 0

10. Re: 09 2.0 tsi oil usage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just got the call. Audi uk are paying 90% with swindon audi covering the remaining 10% on my engine rebuild.. To say im over the moon is an understatement

0 1 0