Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HSingh View Post
    If I'm not mistaken you can remove the key blade from the body of the key fob. leaving the black plastic part of the key in the car and lock the car with the key manually.

Problem solved? (not that I would recommend leaving the key in your car whilst running unless your cars parked in a secure place)
    Don't need to leave the key inside, it runs without it there once started. I'll try locking with the key blade and see if that works next time there's a frost. Cheers.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

2. Re: Locking car from outside with engine running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Locking with the key blade works, done it a number of times.
    If you take the key out of the car whilst it is running the car will tell you "Key not in vehicle" or similar - it shows on the MMI (at least on my vehicle it does) - but. yes, you can still drive away.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

3. Re: Locking car from outside with engine running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    Locking with the key blade works, done it a number of times.
    If you take the key out of the car whilst it is running the car will tell you "Key not in vehicle" or similar - it shows on the MMI (at least on my vehicle it does) - but. yes, you can still drive away.
    ...as far as my drive?

0 0 0

4. Re: Locking car from outside with engine running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if this can be retro fitted but last week when in Munich i picked up a German brochure (English worded) for the New A6 and they have this option.

Attached Images

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12