1. Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere but I have a couple of questions re the s line A4...
    1. Is it possible (after purchase) to swap the lower s line suspension for the supposedly softer se suspension?
    if so - is this an expensive job?

2. Most of the s lines I am seeing do not seem to come with sat nav (unless I'm missing something), whereas the supposedly lower spec se techniks have sat nav and also have full leather seats while the s line has half leather sport seats.
    Am I correct in what I've said above or have I got it wrong?
    Which do you guys think looks better - the se technik full leather seats or the s line half leather seats?

Am kind of torn between the s line and se technik models.

Thanks in advance for any help

0 0 0

2. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Can't answer your first point for sure but imagine it will be very expensive, plus it'll raise the ride height making the larger s-line wheels look silly.

I don't think it's right to label the Technik as lower spec as such, just a different target market. The Technik models are a fleet favourite with the majority being company/lease cars, so they have features such as nav and full leather as standard (helps keep end of lease residuals nice and high).

Having had both full leather and half leather/alcantara, I personally favour the latter. These seats hold you in place better (if spirited driving is your thing) and are less cold in the winter and much cooler in the summer.

I'd personally rather bring my own nav to the party and avoid feature limited factory-fit systems. For me, more important features would be things like xenon headlights, a good soundsystem (B&O), park assist and cruise.

s-lines don't often come with cruise or premium sound but when I was looking for mine, I found they often had some interesting option boxes ticked.

In a nutshell, go for what you like the look/feel of but make sure it has the features YOU want. There's plenty of choice out there.....
    Embisix
    Current: 2010 A4 2.0TDI Quattro S line Executive Saloon (Sepang Blue Pearl)

Previous: 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI Quattro Sport (Atlas Grey)
    Previous: A string of (mainly) DOHC VTEC flavoured Hondas

0 1 0

3. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I also agree with Embisix above. Half-leather is very good for the reasons given and the S Line sports seats are comfy and hold you in place very well.
    Most important, for me, are the Xenon headlights which are a very good safety feature.
    Cruise is not usually standard on S Lines, but is one of the more easily and cheaply added retrofits fortunately, as it is also an important
    feature.
    I cannot answer your suspension question but am also interested in the answer.
    Last edited by Boy; 11-12-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: correction
    A4 B8 143 Tdi S Line Saloon 2008 (Gone)
    Lotus Elan SE 1991
    A4 B8 170 Tdi Quattro Technik Avant 2011
    A4 B8.5 143 Tdi S Line Black Edition Saloon 2013(gone)
    A4 B8.5 Allroad Sport Nav 2.0 tdi quattro 2015

0 0 0

4. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brycare View Post
    Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere but I have a couple of questions re the s line A4...
    1. Is it possible (after purchase) to swap the lower s line suspension for the supposedly softer se suspension?

2. Most of the s lines I am seeing do not seem to come with sat nav (unless I'm missing something), whereas the supposedly lower spec se techniks have sat nav and also have full leather seats while the s line has half leather sport seats.
    Am I correct in what I've said above or have I got it wrong?
    Which do you guys think looks better - the se technik full leather seats or the s line half leather seats?

Am kind of torn between the s line and se technik models.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Yes its possible to swap suspension - why not? Regarding expence -you can check online catalogs for prices or ebay.uk or ebay.de for used ones etc, for labor probably 2-4hours and you might find somebody how want to make swap with his own suspesion! Im not sure, but you can check with eibach aswell, they prokit springs might be softer, but its easier full swap and sell your kit.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

5. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brycare View Post
    The S line comes with "Sports suspension" as standard which is 20mm lower than the SE. Optionally on the S line you could order "S line suspension" which is 10mm lower still.

S-line gets Xenons as standard, which was partly why I went S line way on my old A4 (+ the LED rear lights). Ours had the Sports suspension on 19" wheels and rode OK for me.
    Dave

2014 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line Quattro S tronic
    2010 Audi A4 3.0 TDi S Line Special Edition Quattro Avant S tronic (previous)

0 0 0

6. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    The technik also comes with sports suspension as standard even if it says SE.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

1 0 0

7. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    The technik also comes with sports suspension as standard even if it says SE.
    Are you sure?

Original SE Technik when introduced (2011?) was same as SE, i.e. standard suspension with optional Sports. 136PS TDi/TDie also got Sports as standard (to reduce CO2). Current brochure (6.0, October 2015 MY 2015) states that SE now gets Sports Suspension and the SE Technik gets Standard! Assume they are using up parts ready for new model.
    Dave

0 0 0

8. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    You are right! I remember that my wife got the sports suspension but that was because hers is an e version!! Not because it was technik.
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

9. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    You are right! I remember that my wife got the sports suspension but that was because hers is an e version!! Not because it was technik.
    Did it ride OK ? Interesting what they do to get the CO2 below a certain value!
    Dave

0 0 0

10. Re: Some A4 S line queries 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dts439 View Post
    Did it ride OK ? Interesting what they do to get the CO2 below a certain value!
    It handles really well but it is on 17s. Less body roll than my A6 but doesn't feel too harsh to me. My last 3 audis have all had the sports suspension though so I might not be the best to comment! I also don't run big wheels-stuck to 18 or 19 max.
    Last edited by Scott K; 14-12-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

0 0 0