Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

i had a problem with my wing mirror indicator not working, I think Iv traced it back to the control module not sending signals to the indicator as power was still going to everything else in the door.

just wondering, if I replace the whole unit would that upset the airbags, electrics etc? As when I was messing around with it initially and taking out a few plugs the airbag light came on for a period..

just wanted to to know if it had to be fitted and reprogrammed for my car or whether it will sync itself with my car, if you know what I mean?! cheers
    benjeimage.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Have you had the car scanned for faults with VCDS and looked at the measuring blocks on the door control module? Have you done resistance checks on the wiring?

0 0 0

3. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benprice8784 View Post
    if I replace the whole unit would that upset the airbags, electrics etc?j
    Yes and no. You wont get any MIL on your dash and all will works fine but when you scan the car with VCDS you will get few communication errors i.e. in Can-Gateway and CECM.

the airbag light came on for a period..
    So you pulled wrong plug out than

just wanted to to know if it had to be fitted and reprogrammed for my car or whether it will sync itself with my car
    New unit need to be coded to the car as you don't know what codding is already there

Alex

0 0 0

4. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Hello Ben.

The correct way to do the job is to connect a diag tool and read the coding from the original control unit before removal. Then replace the unit and program the original coding back into the new unit.
    If you don't have a diag too you can just replace the unit. Nothing bad will happen but carefully check operation of the electrics on all the doors not just the one you've fitted the unit to.
    If something is working different now than it was before you'll need to have the original coding programmed into the new ECU.

Jim.

0 0 0

5. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Checkered guys,

well this is what it was narrowed down to, it did have a bump before I bought it so originally thought it was just the indicator, but IV actually replaced the led strip on the mirror with no joy and replaced the mirror unit as a whole as when I took it apart it wasn't in the best shape so got one at a good price..

i took it it to get scanned etc and there is power going elsewhere but and was told to order a control module, I got one for a breakers for £30 but wasn't sure if it needed to be coded, I was just trying to save some money by seeing if I could fit it but I suppose I'll leave it to those who have a diagnostics tool.

other then a new module I can't think what else it would be, iv also took it to a few garages who haven't really had an incling so hopefully this will be the last leg!

any idea how much I would expect to pay for it to be fitted, so as to not get ripped off for a 5minute job!

really appreciate ate your replies! Ben

0 0 0

6. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Hi Ben.

So what have you done now? Did you try fitting the ECM and it didn't fix the fault or did you get put off by the recoding? If you got the ECM from a breakers and it's from the same model car as yours, it shouldn't need recoded.

0 0 0

7. Re: Electric window unit - control module 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys thanks for your help, I replaced the control module and problem solved! Such a relief now thanks a load guys!

0 0 0