1. A bit of a 'wiggle' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got a bit of an odd one here ladies and gents - and its not a one off, as its happened two or three times now.

When cold, start the car up and drive off - all fine. Then stop shortly after at lights or a junction, and whilst sat there you can feel the car 'wiggle' from side to side; its not shaking badly or anything, and if you were looking at the car from the roadside I doubt it would even be perceptible, but there is a definite wiggly/jiggly feeling (and oddly enough, sat in the drivers seat it feels that the back end of the car is wiggling more than the front!).

It makes no odds if the clutch is in or out, handbrake on or sitting on the footbrake; raising the revs to around 1200 makes it disappear and a couple of junctions on, its gone for the day. Listening to the engine, there is not a hint of a misfire or hunting (so not like you would get with a cold engine and not enough choke back in the days), so the only thing I can think of is that it might be related to the aux heater?

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

0 0 0

2. Re: A bit of a 'wiggle' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Shameless bump...

It's done it's wee wiggle a few times since but doesn't do it daily - any idea what I should be worrying about

Lang may yer lum reek!

0 0 0

3. Re: A bit of a 'wiggle' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having a longitudinal engine, any fluctuations will be felt more than if it was a transverse engine. The inertia of the flywheel is enough to make the whole car rock when you blip the throttle - which leads to my question - do you think your Dual Mass Flywheel is on its way out?
    MY2009 A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Convenience Key, Sunroof, Adaptive Lights, Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors, Rear Sun Blind, Heated Full Leather with Memory, Storage/Light Packs, Audi Hold Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking System Advanced, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS. MMI 2G with B&O Sound System, DAB Radio, DVB TV, AMI and Bluetooth Phone prep High with Privacy Handset.

0 1 0

4. Re: A bit of a 'wiggle' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think so - indeed, I certainly hope not as it was only replaced about 10,000 miles ago. Its odd that it only does it when it is stone cold, and goes away once the car has warmed up just a bit.

Lang may yer lum reek!

0 0 0